Tuning my new exhaust

Currently reading:
Tuning my new exhaust

Thanks for sharing the new photos matey. I really like it actually. Wouldn't do it to my own car, but I really like it.

Crikey, if we all did everything exactly the same to our cars, we wouldn't have a forum, just a website with a list of 'must-do' mods that you must follow to the letter. It may turn out to be a bad idea, but if it turns out to be a good idea then Matt has cleared the path for others to try it. That's ballsey if you ask me, as long as you report honestly how it all turns out.

This is the only punto it looks good on:

TorqueOmata3808.jpg

And that's because it's there for a reason, and the car is rapid.

Have you been to sign on yet?

Hit the exhaust off all the way? Ok brilliant english there. Right so picture this. He is stationary, someone hits him from behind at say 40mph. it pushes the backbox, which pushes the link pipe, which pushes the flexi which shock horror gets to the manifold and will either snap off at the manifold of the manifold will put the bolts under that much pressure it will snap them.
if someone hits me at 40mph ive got more to worry about than the exhaust!! haha

1383matt your next step should definitely be to take off the black side strips, and lower it! and add a sporting/ abarth spoiler to finish off the back, like I have. (y)
i often look at your signature and get inspiration, i will lower it but not till next year when insurance is more forgiving.side strips will be soon and spoiler in a few months!

im a bit worried where you say you pulled the side strips off??

Surely you didnt just "pull" otherwise thats bye bye paintwork lol.

have you ever seen a punto exhaust?

lol that is like asking the pope if he has ever seen a bible :ROFLMAO:

you can pick up exhausts that actually fit for not a lot more than £10 on ebay.

bumpers do melt and catch fire 40 miles is no test, they often catch when sitting in traffic for a while where there is no moving air to cool them

Have you been to sign on yet?

Hit the exhaust off all the way? Ok brilliant english there. Right so picture this. He is stationary, someone hits him from behind at say 40mph. it pushes the backbox, which pushes the link pipe, which pushes the flexi which shock horror gets to the manifold and will either snap off at the manifold of the manifold will put the bolts under that much pressure it will snap them.

If someone hits his, or pretty much any relatively cheap car (no offense meant, but its not 'expensive') at 40mph the last thing you as the owner is going to worry about is a cracked manifold - you'd be too busy with dealing with whiplash, and the task of looking for a new car!!

Tom

i often look at your signature and get inspiration, i will lower it but not till next year when insurance is more forgiving.side strips will be soon and spoiler in a few months!

Thanks! :)

I have just created an album here https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=2247&ppuser=50663, after a cleaning session a month or so ago. This shows my car how yours could look with the de-stripped side, de-badged and a spoiler. I also colour coded my mirrors

Hope this helps

EDIT: i also found the sporting spoiler on eBay. £35 delivered and it was in teseo blue :D so IMO it was an absolute bargain - the colour match isn't bad at all either

Last edited:
Thanks! :)

I have just created an album here https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=2247&ppuser=50663, after a cleaning session a month or so ago. This shows my car how yours could look with the de-stripped side, de-badged and a spoiler. I also colour coded my mirrors

Hope this helps

EDIT: i also found the sporting spoiler on eBay. £35 delivered and it was in teseo blue :D so IMO it was an absolute bargain - the colour match isn't bad at all either

Did you do your mirrors yoursel?

and can u paint that black rubber bit between the actual mirror n car?

hi iam a new member her and i have punto too and bought an new back exhaust but i remove the medial one is that make any thing on the car ?

Back