Tuning my new exhaust

Currently reading:
Tuning my new exhaust

1383matt

sdb-punto's evil twin
just finished fitting my new exhaust, its a scorpion backbox. i will upload better pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

• 03062009090.jpg
    03062009090.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 03062009091.jpg
    03062009091.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 03062009092.jpg
    03062009092.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 36
i like the p u n t o!! its not chavvy.
well my mate owed me a favour so it only cost a tenner!! its off his saxo. fitting was free because i spent my nite doing it with him. its not that loud just deeper than before. like i said i will clean it up and take pics tomorrow the hole in the bumper took me ages to get perfect but t does look the dogs dangalies now!!

Wtf you actually cut that through your bumper? Good luck trying to sell it on with a hole in the bumper big boy.

Wtf you actually cut that through your bumper? Good luck trying to sell it on with a hole in the bumper big boy.
looks that way dont it. if i was planning on selling it i wouldnt modify it if and when the day does come to sell it then i would obviously put back to standard and put on new bumper.

Thats just a plain retarded place to put it. Ready for the bumper to start melting round it? You should of cut it into the bottom of the bumper not the middle.

Thats just a plain retarded place to put it. Ready for the bumper to start melting round it? You should of cut it into the bottom of the bumper not the middle.

Agree 100%

You should have welded some tubing in to get it to fit right not molested the bumper.

Agree 100%

You should have welded some tubing in to get it to fit right not molested the bumper.
have you ever seen a punto exhaust? i had to weld some in but right where the exhaust bends up is where i had to join it due to the lenght of the scorpion.
well i did think about the bumper melting buti done a 40mile drive last night then when i got home i touched the outside of the exhaust, it was hot but the bumper hadnt melted atall. i wanted the exhaust level not hanging out the bottom pointing downwards.

i like the p u n t o!! its not chavvy. well my mate owed me a favour so it only cost a tenner!! its off his saxo.

Surely anything off the Saxo is chavvy :p

Just kidding mate, certainly running against the pack with the position, but heck, it's your car, and I like it. You might find through that the bumper will start to melt around the edge. If it does though, get imaginitive and form a heat-proof surround for it. Ceramic might be a good choice, so break out the clay and get moulding.

However, my main concern would be if someone bumped your car. Have you checked that the exhaust cannot foul the brake lines in the event of a small rear collision onto your exhaust?

Surely anything off the Saxo is chavvy :p

Just kidding mate, certainly running against the pack with the position, but heck, it's your car, and I like it. You might find through that the bumper will start to melt around the edge. If it does though, get imaginitive and form a heat-proof surround for it. Ceramic might be a good choice, so break out the clay and get moulding.

However, my main concern would be if someone bumped your car. Have you checked that the exhaust cannot foul the brake lines in the event of a small rear collision onto your exhaust?
thanks, i like the idea of clay around it if it melts(y) hoping it wont tho. yes i did weigh out what would happen if someone hits me, brake lines are fine but i will make a mess of most of the exhaust!

have you ever seen a punto exhaust? i had to weld some in but right where the exhaust bends up is where i had to join it due to the lenght of the scorpion.

lol @ have I ever seen a punto exhaust, I've fitted/changed/made more than most people would in a lifetime.

There is always a way to get it to fit without cutting the bumper like you have.

It's done now though, you'll look back one day and realise you were silly.

matt grow up mate, i put this on here for people to look at, to show what id done to MY car that I drive. I like it, you dont you dont have to deal with it so stop being arrogant and questionning every aspect of it.
moving on, i cleaned it this morning and pulled off the black strip near the door.just got to get some tar remover to get the sticky residue off.

Attachments

• 04062009098.jpg
    04062009098.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 04062009100.jpg
    04062009100.jpg
    891.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 04062009095.jpg
    04062009095.jpg
    895.7 KB · Views: 29
you talk BS mate.. it cannot rip the manifold off all the way at the front. The car would have to hit the exhaust off all the way which is not going to happen because the bonnet of the car that hit will not just shrink itself and slide all the way to the front of his car causing the manifold to come off :ROFLMAO:

Have you been to sign on yet?

Hit the exhaust off all the way? Ok brilliant english there. Right so picture this. He is stationary, someone hits him from behind at say 40mph. it pushes the backbox, which pushes the link pipe, which pushes the flexi which shock horror gets to the manifold and will either snap off at the manifold of the manifold will put the bolts under that much pressure it will snap them.

matt grow up mate, i put this on here for people to look at, to show what id done to MY car that I drive. I like it, you dont you dont have to deal with it so stop being arrogant and questionning every aspect of it.
moving on, i cleaned it this morning and pulled off the black strip near the door.just got to get some tar remover to get the sticky residue off.

Grow up? :confused::confused::confused:

Dont want negative opinions dont post anything. I will say what i want regardless of whether you do or dont want to hear it. The only thing that can be questioned is your mental state for you to think it was a good idea to make it go through your bumper.

Back