General My new exhaust

Currently reading:
General My new exhaust

Moose_UK

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!!
Finally got it done! Didn't want anything stupidly huge and I'm very happy with it :)

Here's some photo's, tell me what you think!

05042008111.jpg

05042008112.jpg

05042008113.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I'd add a video too,

will get some of it in motion when I can get someone to hold the camera :rolleyes:

I don't understand these people who vandalise cars they should be shot, thats a 4 inch? must be the angle then. I am getting twin 3inch pipes on mine.

I don't understand these people who vandalise cars they should be shot, thats a 4 inch? must be the angle then. I am getting twin 3inch pipes on mine.

i couldn't agree more with you! I think it's a 4 inch, can't remember now.. lol.. i'll go measure it in a sec..

when are you getting the twins done? and who with? if you don't mind me asking :D

Looks and sounds really nice IMO.

Is it a full system or just the back box?

Need to get something similar on my MK2 soon (y)

i just bought my punto sporting mk2 and it came with a dual exhaust setup (one on each side) but problem im having now is that it keeps rattling alot and theres apprantly a leakage in the middle so im hoping it wont cost too much to sort out

i couldn't agree more with you! I think it's a 4 inch, can't remember now.. lol.. i'll go measure it in a sec..

when are you getting the twins done? and who with? if you don't mind me asking :D

No worries lol, When i'm out of debt and have had my clifford alarm installed.
I am getting my dents and a respray first aswell of a nice blue with purple flake paint mmmmmmm :) Getting it done by a company called Elite Bodyworx in Hull, they do all the modded cars were i am included someone who's entering the Best in Britain.

It will be a powerflow full cat back system coming out with a double 3inch circular located in the middle (needs to cut into the bumper). Heres a pic of what it will look like but obviously minus the guy holding them in place lol.

Attachments

• mytwinpipes.JPG
    mytwinpipes.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 21
hey thats agood zorst,good size/wise & good note as well a nice burble(y) you realy dont want anything too larey...recently in our local paper i read police are coming down hard on what they deem noisey zorsts(n) i know most dont go to court yet, & most cases get thrown out if they do:D but its just a matter of time when the killjoys will interfere & do thier work:cry:

Looks nice, nice and subtle :), i want mine to be a similiar size :)

sounds pretty similar to mine, however mine vibrates the whole car between 3000 and 4000 revs, so basically on the motorway the whole car vibrates and the exhaust seems to be much louder, any idea why this is or what I can do to make it less vibratey and possibly less noisy from inside the car, is it to do with the joins? and proper advice without the option of going back to a standard backbox? :p

Last edited:
sounds pretty similar to mine, however mine vibrates the whole car between 3000 and 4000 revs, so basically on the motorway the whole car vibrates and the exhaust seems to be much louder, any idea why this is or what I can do to make it less vibratey and possibly less noisy from inside the car, is it to do with the joins? and proper advice without the option of going back to a standard backbox? :p

you realy have to get under car for agood look to see whats what make sure all haners are allright etc, the heat shield can be rattly aswell, my advise would be to get rid of heatshield & put some sound deadening stuff on the heat resist type, this stuff does make a difference(y)

My car does the exact same Jay_mz89, is anyone elses punto quieter between 2-3k revs? mines too loud, but come 2-3k its alot more subtle :S

you realy have to get under car for agood look to see whats what make sure all haners are allright etc, the heat shield can be rattly aswell, my advise would be to get rid of heatshield & put some sound deadening stuff on the heat resist type, this stuff does make a difference(y)

Well I nw the rear backbox hanger isnt right cos its broke, getting a new one on monday though. theres nothing rattling underneath that I can see only thing I noticed is that the U clips are a little close to the alu sheild thing, what kind of heat resistant soundproofing sheild is there?? any names? I may invest. the really weird thing is stood outside the car revving it it doesnt sound loud at all but sat inside it is, which is why I dont understand it.

Well I nw the rear backbox hanger isnt right cos its broke, getting a new one on monday though. theres nothing rattling underneath that I can see only thing I noticed is that the U clips are a little close to the alu sheild thing, what kind of heat resistant soundproofing sheild is there?? any names? I may invest. the really weird thing is stood outside the car revving it it doesnt sound loud at all but sat inside it is, which is why I dont understand it.

Probably cus inside the car you mostly hear the low end of the noise. Maybe have a go at some soundproofing? This would be good for your stereo too (y)

sound comes through the floor of car.... get rid of thesaid alu/heatshield & buy some soundproofing. go on to ebay or failing that google search etc.. plenty of the right stuff out there:D

what exactly is "the right stuff" cos dynamat is darn expensive for the amount needed to cover the floor!

Back