DSCF0016_Soleil_1.jpg

Cinquecento My new Cinq Soleil!

Introduction

Well, I was going to bring this down to the Ace Cafe meet a week on Thursday and surprise everyone, but seeing as I'll be 7000 miles away at the time I'll have to introduce it on here instead!

1996 Cinquecento Soleil in white, 65K on the clock. Runs well, two tiny spots of rust (top and bottom of the drivers side windscreen) otherwise rust free. Small'ish dent on the n/s/r wheel arch, the odd stone chip here and there and a few things needed looking at as any 11 year old car would.

Not as nippy as I thought it would be, and that's compared with my 1986 Uno 999cc FIRE. The Cinq being lighter, fuel injected and newer should have similar performace but I guess not! If I keep it long term I'll seriously consider converting to Sporting spec and dropping in a 1242 :devil:

Oh, and my Uno is staying. I want to do a small project on it so the Cinq will allow me the opportunity to take it off the road and pimp it up. As and when I get time from studies that is!

Anyway, enjoy the pics!

Soleil

DSCF0016_Soleil_1.jpg

DSCF0017_Soleil_2.jpg

DSCF0019_Soleil_4.jpg

DSCF0020_Soleil_5.jpg

DSCF0018_Soleil_3.jpg
I wouldnt even consider a 1242 on a soliel or even going mad with mods as they are surely becoming rare now!

They are rare (probably the rarest of the road going UK Cinqs?), but I could really do with a little more power under my right foot! I drove it down a motorway yesterday and today and it struggled at much over 70mph. My Uno 999cc could cruise 10mph faster easily.

A Sporting conversion is all nuts and bolts stuff so someone could always convert it back if they really wanted to. But come the summer it will be fun to drive around with the roof back even with the 899cc engine, and in the meantime my Uno will get upgraded while I'm on my summer break if I can scrape the funds together.

I now have three Fiats on the drive... :eek:

looks great! dont do a conversion, leave the poor mite be! 899's are fun! :) i used to love the noise it made when you turned it on, a proper vroom, the sporting sounds really electric sometimes.

looks great! dont do a conversion, leave the poor mite be! 899's are fun! :) i used to love the noise it made when you turned it on, a proper vroom, the sporting sounds really electric sometimes.

Cheers Alaina (y)

It does seem to be a bit gutless compared to a 999cc FIRE engined Uno though. And you should have heard my Uno when it had a boy racer K&N fitted. Didn't go any faster, but sounded great :devil:

My Uno will be the first to be upgraded, so I'll see how I take to the Cinq by driving it as it is for a few months before embarking on any more projects. I definitely do want to fit the Sporting anti-roll bar though, I got so used to my Uno with the turbo anti-roll bar that the Cinq feels a little wobby in the corners :eek: I'll also look at fitting some standard Sporting springs as well to lower it slightly but also to firm up the cornering more.

If I like the Cinq a lot, a Sporting conversion is definitely on the cards. So if Pete (Serin) wants to roll any more Sportings that would be great as I'll be after a scrapper to nab parts from :p

And Luke yes, I'm so tempted to swap in the Punto 75SX engine I have... :devil:

Cheers Alaina (y)

It does seem to be a bit gutless compared to a 999cc FIRE engined Uno though. And you should have heard my Uno when it had a boy racer K&N fitted. Didn't go any faster, but sounded great :devil:

My Uno will be the first to be upgraded, so I'll see how I take to the Cinq by driving it as it is for a few months before embarking on any more projects. I definitely do want to fit the Sporting anti-roll bar though, I got so used to my Uno with the turbo anti-roll bar that the Cinq feels a little wobby in the corners :eek: I'll also look at fitting some standard Sporting springs as well to lower it slightly but also to firm up the cornering more.

If I like the Cinq a lot, a Sporting conversion is definitely on the cards. So if Pete (Serin) wants to roll any more Sportings that would be great as I'll be after a scrapper to nab parts from :p

And Luke yes, I'm so tempted to swap in the Punto 75SX engine I have... :devil:

Ive got a full set of sporting suspension (standard) you can have FOC :)

Ive got a full set of sporting suspension (standard) you can have FOC :)

Cheers Luke! I'll definitely take you up on that, though am more than happy to give you something. Dave normally charges me a hot chocolate from the Ace when I get parts from him :p Seriously, let me know by PM how much you want for them.

Will you be at the Ace Cafe May meet? I'm not going to be at the April one 'cos I'm going away that week. Using up some air miles before they expire, so that means I get a free round trip to the USA! :slayer:

Going to miss the Fiat meet though :cry:

uno45, when u leaveing for the staets and where you flying from/to cuz im leaveing for the usa next week too. might bump into you at the airport. well maybe.

I'm leaving Tuesday 10th and coming back Thursday 19th from Heathrow airport. Flying direct to Phoenix with BA. Gonna be hot over there! :slayer: Where you heading?

im heading to pheonix too. out to see the old man the girl and mates. i leave on the 7th come back 23rd with BA aswell. it's not that hot, then again i lived in that place for 8 years. if you want i can give you some contact details to get ahold of me. maybe go someplace have a wee FF meet in AZ lol.

White Sporting bumpers and sporting rims and that would look fabulous, lose the GB sticker and coachline and your laughing.

Liam

Coachline and GB stickers will be going pronto. Coachline is breaking up in places and the GB sticker is faded, plus I like the clean smooth look anyway.

Are my bumpers not the same as a standard Sporting's Liam? Abarth front bumper with fogs and the side skirts would be cool I must admit, as would a set of Sporting alloys. For the moment it's staying pretty much standard as I've spent too much as it is and need to hold fire on throwing cash around!

VERY tempted to do the full Sporting conversion and have a Soleil Sporting ;)

Serin, sorry for the comment - didn't mean it as harsh at all. But if you do roll another Sporting give me a shout... ;) :p

Edit: Oh Liam, now you know what my 'ASBO' post was all about the other day!

Last edited:
Those are SX bumpers, different from S and Sporting bumpers but not by much, yours has a different infill and little spoiler thingy at the bottom still cool though.

Liam

Back