Hello,

Here is my new car. It's a 1999 Alfa Romeo 146Ti:

H2.jpg

J.jpg

My Italian car collection :)
B.jpg

And it's already broken down! :eek:

Let me know what you think!
i like the wheels on the alfa, its nice, what plans other than fixing it have you got in mind?

i like the wheels on the alfa, its nice, what plans other than fixing it have you got in mind?

Just replacing stuff when it goes wrong really. Going from a 1242 Cinq to a 155bhp Alfa means I'm quite happy with the speed for the moment. Although long term goal is new exhaust system and manifold, induction kit, cams and re-map. New springs and shocks and maybe some 17" Compomotive MOs in anthracite :cool:

Oh and 147 GTA brakes if they fit :p

power steering pump is an easy enough job thankfully :)

are you a member on alfaowner.com yet? its the best forum for alfa owners.

Yes, I'm on that forum. I thought I recognised your signature pic!

Power steering pumps are pretty expensive aren't they? :( Hopefully the guy I bought the car from is sending me a replacement one. Do you think I could get it done in a few hours??

Shame a FIAT one wont fit lol!

(Private joke 4 Jug :D )

shouldnt take you long, but access is a bit of a bugger. it may help if you take the driver's side front wheel off and then the wheel arch (that is what i would do ;) ). then you'll be able to see the pump pulley and aux belt. remove the belt first, then attack the pump. download the pdf manual if you havent already, there should be a step by step guide with pics. (y)

a scrapyard pump will usually only be £20 if you remove it yourself, but finding one isnt easy.

Ffoxy said:
Shame a FIAT one wont fit lol!
i wouldnt be surprised if there were fiats that used the same pump.

Back