Uno my new car...uno turbo

Currently reading:
Uno my new car...uno turbo

matt_uno_turbo

picked up my new car a week ago, here it is...

d6_1_b.jpg

d2_1_b.jpg

bb_1_b.jpg

72_1_b.jpg

53_1_b.jpg

6d_1_b.jpg

yes, but the finish is pants as the old owner of the car had his mate do it. im having it put in the bodyshop and ciompletely stripped to bare shell to have all the rust sorted and then sprayed ford panther black...when i get the money :slayer:

bonnet vet is a fully functioning vent but yes i want it gone, think im going to have some louvres cut in as it needs vents!!

this was on ebay for the past couple of weeks. not looking to bad from the pics but i think you need to fully check the car over before spending big money! inner/outer sills, rear turrets, front turrets, bulkhead, floor pans, rear arches etc. make sure the cars structually sound before throwing good money after bad :)

what colour was the car originally? as i think UTs should be left in their original colour, so get it resprayed to its origianl state :D

good luck with it, no doubt i'll be chatting to u soon round the internet about it hehe

Dunc

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
what colour was the car originally? as i think UTs should be left in their original colour, so get it resprayed to its origianl state
Definitely. Or at least get it sprayed a fiat colour, getting it sprayed a ford colour is sacrilage!

Looks good though.

was origanlly red as the pic of engine bay shows, but i want black and i love fords panther black, maybe even vauxhall's arden blue/diamond black.. we'll see. the rear drivers side strut top had completely rotted through and the strut had broken away from the arch but i had that welded back up 2 days ago and is now proper solid :D front turrets are twin skinned and the first layer has rusted but the second layer is still solid as new. the roof however thats rotten as when your driving and hit a bump, rust rains on you :bang: :bang: :cry:

get the front turret sorted now mate, and i mean that! cos it wont take long for the water to settle in and rot the 2nd layer through and then it'll cost u soooo much!

the roof, well, if u know a really good bodyshop, then u can get a new roof skin put on.

nice car tho! i'd personally get it sprayed red again mate and get the original bumpers, but its ur car and will still look mint in black! :D good stuff

Dunc

I wasnt fond of that color when i see it on ebay!

Where abouts are you mate?

I should be getting a black mk2 UT soon!
Gota love them in black or Mettalic grey or red (Like frosty red)

Good luck with it and if its your 1st one then you wont want anything else!

im in lincoln mate, so 45 mins down the road and i had the car :) it is my first, but im thinking of selling it and buying a better one as i think it may be too far past my budget to repair the rust as i am out of work at the minute...but we'll see

matt_uno_turbo said:
im in lincoln mate, so 45 mins down the road and i had the car :) it is my first, but im thinking of selling it and buying a better one as i think it may be too far past my budget to repair the rust as i am out of work at the minute...but we'll see

if u aint got a job, then forget the UT man!! lol, sell it now before ur in debt!!!

Dunc

jamie86 said:
Anyway G-Reg MK2's are the best of all UT's ;)

Especially those with mangled bottom ends, ain't it Jamie? :p

matt_uno_turbo said:
jamie what grille is on the middle mk2 uno in your sig, and where can i buy one :D

As far as I can tell (was on car when bought) it is just a standard grill with the strips removed and smoothed over painted up and meshed :)

Back