image.jpg

Bravo My new 2009 Bravo 2.0 Multijet Sport!

Introduction

Hi everyone,
Well I've finally got my hands on the 2.0 Bravo Sport!
Purchased in Leeds
2009 -09 plate
35600 miles

So....first of all, I think it looks stunning. I turn around every time I park it in a car park, it just looks incredible. I've had a lot of comments from people saying it 'looks awesome'.
The engine is also great. Put your foot down and wow it goes.
Tell you what, it gives BMW's/Audi's etc a run for their money.
I love driving past 1.2 corsa's with huge exhausts :D

Love the rims aswell. Mine came with the red calipers.

So what do I think of it after 3 weeks of ownership.
Well..... I think it handles pretty well! There isn't much feeling in the steering, but that doesn't bother me at all. I drove it for a week solid with a very heavy right foot to see what kind of MPG I would get. I got about 36MPG.
My normal driving I get about 42MPG. That's with 30mph and 70mph driving to and from work only about 8 miles. And often I will put my foot down for a few seconds to get to the speed, just to make me smile.
Driving carefully, I think 47MPG would be achievable easily.

On the motorway it is very quiet and it cruises along with ease (at about 1950 rpm)
Speakers aren't too bad either, but they do distort very easily.

Any problems?
Yes....on cold startup it blows out blue smoke :( (any ideas anyone?)
I also think it blows out a bit of smoke under hard acceleration, but I'm not sure...
Also, the storage bit near the rear seats fan creaks a lot. Is there anything I can do to it? It's really annoying me....

Also, I can't get the stereo out as one of the clips has bent out so it's stuck. Anyone know how to get it out now, I've purchased a new double din for it...subwoofer to go in, in the future!

Please comment and tell me if you like it :) Also if anyone has any advice regarding the problems I have please help. I know you people are the best to speak to :slayer:
Reactions: swift
Ok a few things. Firstly the 165 has 21k service intervals and secondly it doesn't need oil changes every 7k miles. It will tell you when it needs a change (or every 2 years) or you can get the oil degradation using Fiat ECUScan.

a few points in reply to the airborne theologian,my 09, 165 oil level is approx 1 centimetre above max on the dipstick after 7k miles.the regens become very juddery around this time(shell v power helps)yes the regen counter says change oil.,the most distance ive seen is 10k.if you,d happily drive around with over full sump,a lot of whitch is diesel.do so

My delta 2.0 multijet never sees an oil level increase and regens fine. One important point though you must use the correct oil grade most generally available oils in shops aren't the correct grade, you need acea c2 but most off the shelf oils seem to be acea c3

Yeah my 165 Bravo requires a slight top up (perhaps a few hundred ml) every 6 months and that's it, I cant even tell its regenerating either (but it is).

the dpf issues i have seem to affect the earliest cars like my own and bravo newbies could be,after all fiat/alfa took to calling the same engine in the giulietta jtdm2

My car only does 30 miles per day two runs partially town partially rural, 2011 2.0 multijet delta the oil degradation counter made it all the way to 21k without the warning coming on the dash. The only thing I can say is that I never use excessively high gears to 'save' fuel ( which it doesn't anyway) but keep to a rough rule of 3 = 30 4 = 40 5 = 50 6 = 60 for the lowest points to use each gear which I think keeps the engine running clean and efficient. On my usual shortish run I get around 45 mpg but more on a run

I've got a 2009 fiat 2.0 165 multijet sport too (previously owned by Fiat for reviews and things) and once owned a bravo 2.0 HGT until it was swapped for a "family car".

hmmmm yea I do love my bravo but I drove a fully loaded ford mondeo titanium x 2.2 with remap which I handed over (In a "make him think it was his idea to swap" kind of way) to my hubby and that was and is a FUN car to drive. You can feel the acceleration more and the shorter gear ratio is much nicer in the ford compared to the bravo and it feels quieter and smoother. But the Mr brought the Bravo for himself and as I had wanted a smaller golf sized car I drive it now. I've had the bravo remapped so it's bhp is 210 and this has improved the lower end lag when pulling off at speed. Separating myself from the ford I have to say I do love the Bravo. It has great qualities. It's definitely quick and 4th gear is sweet. The solid suspension makes it feel sporty and it handles well. It looks stunning from the front parked up. Less so from behind with the exhaust box on show but I painted this black so it hides well. But I find I have to drive over 'road bumps' really carefully without the front end scraping. I recently had a problem with a scraping metallic sound on the right wheel. Garage said drive shaft (expensive) the hubby said drive shaft........being a "girl" Ioving tinkering with my dads cars, worked out the problem was from the heat plate so between us fixed it.

I've had the bravo since October last year and it's a great car. I originally missed the old HGT front end look (sleek headlights) But the interior is gorgeous, the body looks great and the marinello red looks stunning in the sun.....it's just a little noisy with the interior fan turned on 3/4 and has less features than my other car but I'll stop being spoiled and just enjoy whizzing off in it.....there are not so many about and I am always being complimented on the car (and asked heat it is as its de-badged). It also has the red calipers like yours.......

next to get the rear windows tinted. I have a baric solo kick sub but we looked into getting the radio out and it's not easy and the wiring is a little tricky to wire a sub in...so I'll keep working on the Mr. Ive set the audio setting to "custom" and lowered the bass settings and reverb to minus figures so that the speakers can handle a little more bass and not distort.

I thin pm I've written an essay looking up ??

i can agree with comments on low front end,saw advert for lower bilstein springs and shox !!? if it was any lower it wouldnt move.regarding dpf issues,my 165 is much happier on shell v,

Thanks for all the help everyone. Sorry for the late replies....I've been away.
I don't feel any juddering at all. Oil changes,I'm a bit confused because some of you are saying different things. Can anyone confirm?
I agree with the front end scraping. It really does,all the time!
Right I really need some help now.....
So I've found out that it has blue smoke at startup when cold and also it blows out blue smoke when accelerating!
What is the problem? Is it the valve stem seals????
If it is,how much am I looking at to get this fixed?
My oil isn't over filled,I checked it today.

I love my bravo it's fantastic. But I don't want it blowing out blue smoke..... :(

Thanks everyone :)

My guess on the blue smoke would be oil seals in the turbo worn,allowing cooling/lubricating oil to get blown into cylinders and burnt.bit odd on a 36k miles car tho,more likely on high mileage car

Back