image.jpg

Bravo My new 2009 Bravo 2.0 Multijet Sport!

Introduction

Hi everyone,
Well I've finally got my hands on the 2.0 Bravo Sport!
Purchased in Leeds
2009 -09 plate
35600 miles

So....first of all, I think it looks stunning. I turn around every time I park it in a car park, it just looks incredible. I've had a lot of comments from people saying it 'looks awesome'.
The engine is also great. Put your foot down and wow it goes.
Tell you what, it gives BMW's/Audi's etc a run for their money.
I love driving past 1.2 corsa's with huge exhausts :D

Love the rims aswell. Mine came with the red calipers.

So what do I think of it after 3 weeks of ownership.
Well..... I think it handles pretty well! There isn't much feeling in the steering, but that doesn't bother me at all. I drove it for a week solid with a very heavy right foot to see what kind of MPG I would get. I got about 36MPG.
My normal driving I get about 42MPG. That's with 30mph and 70mph driving to and from work only about 8 miles. And often I will put my foot down for a few seconds to get to the speed, just to make me smile.
Driving carefully, I think 47MPG would be achievable easily.

On the motorway it is very quiet and it cruises along with ease (at about 1950 rpm)
Speakers aren't too bad either, but they do distort very easily.

Any problems?
Yes....on cold startup it blows out blue smoke :( (any ideas anyone?)
I also think it blows out a bit of smoke under hard acceleration, but I'm not sure...
Also, the storage bit near the rear seats fan creaks a lot. Is there anything I can do to it? It's really annoying me....

Also, I can't get the stereo out as one of the clips has bent out so it's stuck. Anyone know how to get it out now, I've purchased a new double din for it...subwoofer to go in, in the future!

Please comment and tell me if you like it :) Also if anyone has any advice regarding the problems I have please help. I know you people are the best to speak to :slayer:
Reactions: swift
Blue smoke = oil
White smoke =condensation / dpf firing
**** load of white smoke= coolant

I picked up mine on the weekend , it doesnt do any of those .

Check the turbo impeller for excessive shaft play.

Very nice car! I have the exact car but a 1.9 (150). Glad to have someone in the same area with this awesome car! (y)

Thank you! :)
I know, there aren't many around here. shame really, but makes our cars rare :D
Where about are you? I've seen two Bravo's around the Rhuddlan/Rhyl/Prestatyn area!

That's what I like about them, makes you think you have a one of a kind! (Maybe that's just me, haha) I'm around Bangor area, occasionally come by Rhuddlan/Abergele area due to my dad working there.

Ah so it must be oil related? Could it be seals of some sort??
Not sure what the turbo impeller is but I'll google it :)

Take off the intake pipe (plastic) to the turbo , have a wiggle . It should move a little bit but not excesssive.

I'm averaging about 49 / 50 mpg at the moment with combined driving and should be seeing between 600 and 700 from a full tank of fuel.

Definitely the best car / Fiat i've owned :)

Have you managed to solve the smoke issue?

I'm actually only managing 39mpg now! It's my right foot..... I don't drive fast,just I drive on a lot of country roads,and I accelerate quite hard...
I get about 400 miles out of a tank. Ah well! I get 55 mpg on the motorway
No I didn't solve the smoke issue..... I think it's the valve stem seals,but I'm not sure as it's only done 36000 miles...I'm going to try replacing the glow plugs. I'll tell you how I get on.

I used Dodo Juice Supernatural. It is very expensive at £65 for 200ml but the result is just incredible.

Sad news now though. Went to a lake yesterday and there was a lot of barbed wire on the road so I had to stop. Some idiot has put it there on purpose. I had to stop because it was allover the road...... The person behind who was my mate didn't realise I'd stopped in time and he went straight into the back of me ?
Thankfully the bumper isn't dented, but it's in bad condition....I'll add some photos later.
I am genuinely gutted. Very upset about It.
I'm not sure how get it sorted. ?

at 36k miles your 165 should be in its prime,these cars need oil change and dpf reset (80 quid) at fiat dealer every 7k miles.this is due to dpf regen increasing the oil sump level over time.this may explain your smokey exhaust.the car is just burning the excess oil.the manual says oil change every 18k but the engine could be killed by this time

Back