Image011.jpg

Uno My MK1 uno turbo

Introduction

Hi all,

I finally pulled the turbz out of the garage for a bit of a wash as it was really dusty, i am going to be driving the car in a couple of months so time to finish off a few odds and ends, just thought i'd post a picture to show you all what it looks like,

its a MK1 uno turbo,
1301cc
1988 spec with the turbo written on the seats,
just a couple more pictures :)

sorry about the quality, the orange indicator lense's were only temporary and are now clear,

Unfortunatly the car spends its life in my garage, been that way for a few years, its gonna have the engine dropped back in and i should be driving it in april hopefully.

Attachments

• Image015.jpg
    Image015.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 41
  • Image014.jpg
    Image014.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Image012.jpg
    Image012.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCI01240.JPG
    DSCI01240.JPG
    647.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCI0126.JPG
    DSCI0126.JPG
    772.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCI0127.JPG
    DSCI0127.JPG
    642.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
oldskoolmk1unoturbo said:
yeah mate thanks

its booked in for saturday to get the engine dropped in it, wanna get it all sorted and bring it to one of the meets,

is there going to be a santa pod meet or something this year for the turbo's?

what u mean its booked in? u not doin it urself as its a well easy job?

deffo up for pod, be good to get some times down between us!

Dunc

Hey Arc yeah I've seen your yellow cinq, I'm a friend of chris "spyke" and i currently drive a white nissan micra.

The engine has been fully rebuilt with new pistons, shells, big ends etc and has a lightened and balanced bottom end, uprated head gasket, piper cam, ported cylinder head and a Hybrid turbo, black diamond clutch, group A dump valve, samco hoses, K&N filter and scorpion exhaust. I'm yet to get a Cosworth 2wd intercooler and a fse boost valve.

unfortunatly the cowboys who are doing it are more interested in other things and not my car so its a struggle to get them to do anything let alone put the engine back in.

should be good when its finished, the car has front and rear strut braces, apex springs and dampers, and inside is completely standard (not even an aftermarket boost guage) apart from the gear knob which i'm going to get hold of a standard one and MK2 steering wheel. Am going to install the digi dash when its up and running too,

and the car was resprayed with colour coded bumpers, arches and skirts, nothing has been changed from standard so no smoothing or delocking, only change is MK2 back bumper.

I bought Brand new wings and doors from Fiat so theres no rust anywhere, going to get it all undersealed before i take it on the road so should last many more years.

unsure on what wheels to put on it, I would like some tipo 16v wheels to keep it fiat but have to wait and see.

mase said:
ahhhh

uno turbo

punto gt

uno turbo

punto gt

:bang:

Punto GT:
Same engine as the mk2 UT
Heavier than UTs
"Safer" than UTs (Well no car is deemed safe! lol)
More of them about compared to UT (Why its good to have a UT!)

Uno turbo:
Lighter
Handle better
Simple to fix (Depends on what **** has touched it before you! lol)
Looks much much much better......well im kinda biast! lol

Try and test drive either to make up your mind, id be more than happy to let you have ago of mine once i get it. (y)
aslong as you dont floor it in the wet out of a corner. lol

I look forward to seeing it in the flesh saxokiller

my girlfriend used to have a 1.6 punto sporting and neither i or she liked it much, quite a heavy car.

suppose the advantages with a punto is you shouldnt expect any or much rust unlike with the uno when its not does it have any? but how much rust does it have.

wouldnt have the punto is any more reliable than a uno as they use the same engine! it all depends on which one has been ****ed with more by previous owners.

drive both and then decide, there totall different cars to drive

I've got a quote on my MK1 turbo for £1200 for 12months and thats with me being banned 3 years ago for 12 months for dangerous driving and having 1 years no claims bonus. i'm 21.

insurance is cheap on uno's. the MK1 is group 10.

and for a fiesta rs turbo its nearly 2 grand

oldskoolmk1unoturbo said:
I've got a quote on my MK1 turbo for £1200 for 12months and thats with me being banned 3 years ago for 12 months for dangerous driving and having 1 years no claims bonus. i'm 21.

insurance is cheap on uno's. the MK1 is group 10.

and for a fiesta rs turbo its nearly 2 grand

wow, wat company is that with mate?

cheers for that.... i know the mk2 is 11, and the gt is 14 :eek:

and to be honest, the uno is so much cooler than the GT, ultimate retro cool!!! set of ronal t's and they are pure sex!

i guess its just a case of finding a one with as little rust as possible, and with a recently re built engine?

Back