IM000053.JPG

Punto (Mk1) My MK1 Punto Sporting Project

Introduction

Hi guys, well i got a bit of a bargain with my punto even though i had to travel from kent to rainham essex to collect it but it was well worth it lol. heres some pics of how it looked when i got it.

IM000053.JPG punto.JPG
SP_A0911.jpg SP_A0912.jpg

1st of all i decided i wanted to spray my centre console, so i took a trip to a local motor factors & bought some paint & plastic primer, this is what it came out like.
SP_A0973.jpg

Then i decided to get a powerflow exhaust & heres some pics of it on the car.
SP_A0943.jpg SP_A0944.jpg

Then i started seeing more & more kitted punto's especially on here & other websites & i caught the modifying bug like most of us but didn't want to go down the lines of buying bodykits like the combat & x-treme 1's like everybody has got so i was looking on the classifieds of this site & came across a front bumper that was being given away by somebody on here but unfortunatley i was to late & just a couple of hours before i contacted the person he had listed it on ebay lol, however i was lucky enough to win it & i decided too collect it the next day. this is how it looked when it got put on.
SP_A0978.jpg untitled.JPG
SP_A0985.jpg

Hmm, at that point i didnt know whether it was looking beter or worse lol & was wondering whether to just leave the car standard, but then i thought why not carry on kitting it as its something i've always wanted to do.

i then came across a pair of clear lights for cheap and also somebody else was selling a smooth boot on ebay all the way in brighton which is 100 miles away from me so i decided to buy it & collect it on a day i had free. heres some pics of it,the same day i went to collect the boot my lights came aswell. (sorry about the pics, was taken from my phone)
SP_A0982.jpg SP_A0983.jpg

i wasn't that keen on the clear lights so decided to take them off & put it back to the standard ones instead.

after i done all this i accidentally reversed into a post lmao which i wasn't happy about but luckily it didnt smash the boot just the rear quater panel, at this time i was feeling absolutley gutted but it could have been worse i suppose. unfortunatley i dont have any pics of the damage but it has all been built up again & i have some pics of it. as it was being built up i decided i may aswell debadge the bonnet, rip off the door strips & tidy up the little dents & marks that the car has also decided to put the extra skim of filler on the bumper & primer it so that it didnt look such a mess , heres some pics to see what i mean.
SP_A0986.jpg SP_A0987.jpg
SP_A0988.jpg SP_A0989.jpg
SP_A0990.jpg

I had some alloys from my old car which was just sitting around & realised that they would fit my punto as long as i have a set of wobbly bolts, so here i go on ebay again looking for a set but i couldn't find them any cheaper than 30 pounds including postage which i thought was pretty resonable, i was going to buy them but at the time i didnt actually have the money so decided to wait & then i came across somebody who was starting the bidding off on a set of them @ jus 5.99 so i decided to bid & luckily i won then @ 5.99. they came to 10.00 including postage so what a great bargain, heres some pics of the car with the alloys on.
SP_A0995.jpg SP_A0996.jpg
SP_A0997.jpg SP_A0999.jpg

this is all i have done at the moment & it still has a lot of work needed i know.i have ordered an induction kit & that should be here tomorrow so once i get it & put it on i will get some pictures. i will keep you updated with the latest pictures & would appreciate peoples views on it at the moment, obviously some people wont be keen but each to there own & all that. cheers guys.
I've got a MK1 and honestly, yours looks twice as good. Even if it looks quite bad at the present time. Hehe. But I've got full admiration for you, and anybody that takes on a job like this. Keep at it!

I've got a MK1 and honestly, yours looks twice as good. Even if it looks quite bad at the present time. Hehe. But I've got full admiration for you, and anybody that takes on a job like this. Keep at it!​

thanks for that mate, the best part of it is taking pics of the progress. then when its finished looking back at whats been done. have you got any intention of modding yours?

Maybe the wheels and kit hate you! you even think of that one?! :O

Nice project there man. It certainly looks nice inside, i'm planning to do the same painting the centre console

lmao at maybe the kit & wheels hate him, nicee LOL

thanks for the comment mate, i recommend painting the centre console it makes the inside look so much better, i've taken my door handles off & the side air vents to spray them aswell, there currently in primer as i haven't really had the time to paint them atm. anyways good luck with the spraying & just to be safe make sure you use blu tac to cover up the bits u dont want to spray on the centre console & not masking tape as it peels away ;)

Hey, it's lookin good so far. I would have gone for a matching red for the interiour paint though. Are there any more updates to this? I would like to see it all painted up.

hi guys. been a long time since i've done anything 2 the car as the gearbox has gone, however i've decided that the wheels are cumming off & im gonna get 17's on it & also it now has a bad boy bonnet so heres a few pics. the spray job im going for is gonna be pearlescent silver with a hint of blue in it & also gonna tint the rear lights black, still a lot to do which is gonna take time but when its done it will have been worth the effort.must say though it looks a state at the moment lol. cheers for all the comments guys :)

n657456145_2069171_2971335.jpg

n657456145_2069170_359222.jpg

The bad boy bonnet makes the front bumper look better imo, but the bonnet vent is way, way too big.

its looking decidedly chavvy atm, but i do like the sound of the paintjob :)

I think it might just pull it off :)

Back