Punto (Mk1) my mint absolutely standard mk1 punto

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) my mint absolutely standard mk1 punto

I concur The punto goes places other superminis just can't go! Just mind the hot exhaust it sets fire to the grass if you stop...that was a fun afternoon..

great in the snow too my little front wheel drive uno would go places you wouldn't believe it's because of the skinny tyres i'm thinking they will cut through the mud and snow and grip the ground below

in winter time use to go find the biggest hils and climb them buzzing past stuck estates and 4 be 4s alike excellent fun the look on some peoples faces

as for my next car if things all go well in the next few weeks i should be picking up another punto very cheaply for various damage and insurance reasons but whith the parts i have on mine/waiting for mine i don't think it will be to much bother to repair

what does everyone think

12-03-08_0730.jpg

i have a bonnet and light

12-03-08_0729.jpg

now this is the worst of it but get it pushed out and a bit of filler and paint and it should be fine

Last edited:
Are you replacing the face plate of the car or pulling it out? Also first thing you should do is get some anti rust on all the bumper mounting points front and back, from personal experience I know how fast the area around disturbed bolts on the body work goes rotten. The crease over the rear bumper mounting looks a bit nasty...

theres some nasty damage there, nothing that cant be fixed, but looks like a bit of work if you want it spot on...

LOL regarding off-roading in small cars, i think i can say that without a doubt the best one we have had (and we have had a few) was a 205 1.8D :worship: All of our farm cars get thrashed to death (literally) everywhere... we had this car going through marsh, just for fun :slayer:

Are you replacing the face plate of the car or pulling it out? Also first thing you should do is get some anti rust on all the bumper mounting points front and back, from personal experience I know how fast the area around disturbed bolts on the body work goes rotten. The crease over the rear bumper mounting looks a bit nasty...

i know all about removing rear bumper mounts i managed to get all mine undone on the red one with only one captive nut coming lose afterwards i just tightened it back into place lol

as for the new blue one the bonnet slam panel if that's what you mean will just be pulled back out again with the aid of a tree no doubt it's only pushed back not badly mangled the front in all honesty is in good nick no scraches just pushed back and the wing has been pushed out but if i loosen it all and pull and push at it untill it's straight it wont be noticeable atall

after removing the rear bumper i should be able to get a little excess to the nasty creases in the side towards the rear but i'm gona leave that to expert friends in the bodywork trade the front i can tend to myself as no paint has been broken

Good to hear you're OK, littlepip...
A surprising end to a car that you carefully preserved.
I suppose at least the financial loss isn't too great - maybe that is why you weren't driving a Ferrari.

Fixing up the blue Punto looks fun!
I just love the sight of that chrome wheel 'cover', shattered. :)

-Alex

Last edited:
Was just browsing through some mk1 puntos and i gotta say this by far the best ive seen.

Few questions: how did you get that paint work some bright and nice? buffer?

how are your badges so crisp and clean, mine seem to have faded alittle and look sh*t.

What did you use to colour the fiat and injection badge on your air box intake?

good job mate, a true example of well looked after cars instead of that modded sh*t

Back