Styling My Marea Turbo 2.0 20V

Currently reading:
Styling My Marea Turbo 2.0 20V

Very Nice!! [8D]

banner3.jpg

nice car! did the turbo come standard or is it a coupe engine?

(i feel a brava turbo coming on... no, gotta sell!)

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX,

Thanks Guys

yeap... turbo comes standard and the declared power from Fiat is about 190 HP, but i did some remap on the ECU, injection nozzles opened (little bit) and I changed the turbo hot casing from .42 to .50(trim) to get to 260 HP on Dyno.

Now..I'm working on the brakes. (cant stop sometimes ehehehehe)

I'll send some more pics soon

Neptuno

Neptuno, what about your gearbox and clutch? Surely they're strained with all that power??

<font face="Verdana">-- T.
<font color="maroon">'98 Marea Weekend ELX (1.8 16v).</font id="maroon"></font id="Verdana">

Gearbox: Well as an automotive engineer for 20 years working with engines and power train at Ford, I can say that we use to use a safety coeficient up to 5 times during the product design... for sure I'm "eating" them but I think there are more to eat (ehehehehehe)but also we are not using full power constantly. We should know how to use, carefully, mainly in a wet road...

About the clutch: Yeap there is a problem... but also you can find special cluthes made in ceramic composite or reinforced (more springs or harder) ones. Up to now I felt some kind of slippage only when you drag with full throttle (nothing that can bothers me till now)

Sorry for rezzing this topic but I was just looking around at what people had done to their cars in the way of styling.

I've got the weekend but was interested to see what you had done to your saloon - esp the rear end.

As Polecat mentions somewhere, definitely the weak point of the styling...
However when looking at the pictures of your Turbo I noticed a very different rear end...

What did you do? Did you replace the boot and light clusters as well as adding that spoiler?

Last edited:
very nice marea turbo..iam now on this forum and i have marea to,but my is a 1.8 16V engine...how much does marea 2.0 20V turbo cost at your countri?

regards from slovenia

I dont think Marea 2.0 20v Turbo was ever sold in Britain, we have the standard 2.0 20v Marea. The Coupe came with the turbo engine.

mareas turbo was made just for the brazilian country...but am interested to buy one of the turbos...whatever...how much cost this marea(20 20V turbo)?
regards

So when you doing yours Ryan? I'd love to do mine, but three kids and mortgage won't let me, oh and don't forget the wife won't even let me buy a compressor??
My cars a real dog at the mo' , got tons of ideas just non of the folding stuff...

I have a marea 2.0 20v does anybody know how too bleed the clucth:bang:

there is a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder, which is on top of the gearbox (under the battery).

attach a bleed tool to it, then loosen the nipple off, then press the brake pedal a few times, then tighten nipple, then remove bleed tool and you're done. a bleed tool costs £5 at any motorfactor. make sure brake fluid stays above min at all times. slave cylinder elaks are common, if it looks wet around it you will need to replace it (under £30)

Back