1.JPG

Seicento My little black Sei :) check it out!

Introduction

Well, I've been a member for a while now, but never put my little car in members motors. Now I have a few mods under my belt, I thought I'd share a few pics with you :)

Any advice, criticisms, ideas you have would all be appreciated (y)

To date I have fitted myself:

Cobra 50mm kit (springs and gas charged dampers)
K&N MPI kit (looking to make a custom extension for it soon, to get cold air)
Pioneer MP3 head with 12" sub and ipod interface (with a nano pictured :) )
Cobra C4 compact alarm
Debadged rear
New plain plates, no screw holes either

Plans for the futre are:

Top strut brace (lower is out of the question :p )
Pro window tints (i found the rear window too hard to do myself)
New wheels (prob keep 13" but maybe some euro style)
Uprated brake hoses, discs and pads
bedadge the front (gonna try this one myself)
de-ariel (looking for alternative to roof mounted)
maybe remove the rear wiper for smoother lines

Hope you like it :D

Kristian
Cheers guys (y)

Not a fan of the Arbarth wheels, bit too common now and prefer something a little less fussy. I'm looking for a really clean simple, subtle look from the outside :)

Anthracite, is that the greyish coloured powder coating???

I've never driven a 14/15" Sei, but would be concerened that the fun of fast take off's is lost :( Would love to try someones someday, maybe make my mind up then ;)

Kristian

hehe, yeah, guess im lucky and take it for granted but there are loads around here. My village is in the middle of this pic, yet its a 20-25 min drive to cov, leicester or birmingham.

Kristian

Attachments

• Snapshot 2006-09-12 07-52-38.jpg
    Snapshot 2006-09-12 07-52-38.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 105
wouldnt worrie about the fun factor with 14's on just means more mods to get it back or a 1242 conversion :D

looks nice, you have any help fitting the alarm? looking to get on done for my cinq soon.

where abouts in nuneaton are you? im over there a fair bit (food over there is sooo nice)

Very nice mate, looking very well and clean too. (y)
What wheels you thinking of then?
How come you have taken away the rear headrests too? I always liked he look of the 4 head rests when i had my rear seats in.
Nice one, keep up the good work

OZ

Is it lowered in those pictures? Doesnt look like a true 50mm drop?

Wow, lots of feedback :)

@99sei
Fitted it all myself, took a while as i was learning, but had no real probs to speak of, there is a great seller on eBay who lives near nuneaton, who sells Toad alarms, great price and hes cool for collection...PM if ya need more info.. I'm from a little village called hartshill, between nuneaton and a town called atherstone. If ya need any help fitting one, I'm sure i could give ya a hand sometime. nice food? Guess so...been out for a Thai and Curry in the last two weeks :D

@OZ Seicento
There were some wheels in another members motors, a yellow sei, from somewhere in europe, had a set of schoom?? Or something like that, they were real nice :)
I don't like the rear head rest, block the view, and i hardly ever have passengers. I also hide all the rear belts and "plugs" as well. I only really have the seats there to hide things in the boot :)

@LanciaMad
Yes, it is lowered there, and i agree i was expecting a bit more, but it was a full 50mm kit, for the sporting....i have caught the underside several times anyway, so any lower would be a pain.

@blu73
I had trouble with the dampers and had to fit 5mm spacers, as they were fouling (took a hammer to the dampers as well, but with the 5mm spacers, i wouldn't have had to)
The kit feels nice and firm, but not to rough...def have to avoid the larger holes and dips in the road though.
I got it for £300 from Edworthys, but thier service was rubbish.. www.potn.co.uk do it for about £320 i thikn.

Think I'll give the gazaman2k paint job a miss, but his car is coming along nicely (y)

Krisitan

//edit

forgopt to mention with the drop and even with the 5mm spacers i get a bit of tyre rubbing on full lock, not too much though, so i don't really worry about it. Guess that will be a greater issue with larger wheels??

Last edited:
kritip said:
forgopt to mention with the drop and even with the 5mm spacers i get a bit of tyre rubbing on full lock, not too much though, so i don't really worry about it. Guess that will be a greater issue with larger wheels??

Is that on the inside arch?

Good suff mate, your looking for smoor wheels then, nice choice, will look really well on your car.
yea ur best to hide all your seat belt bits which such a drop.
Looking well mate

OZ

hehe, yeah it took one rear passenger ok the other day, but had to take it easier over the humps. With a full complement of passengers, I think it may be a big problem.

Smoor wheels, yes they are the ones...gonna take a while to save up though, they aren't cheap :(

What size are old mini wheels? See some of them about with alloys that would look quite good, but they are 12" i think? prob a firrent pcd as well.
There are also some compomotive ones that i like, but at about £100 each + tyres i'd rather get smoor as they are prob less common over here.

LanciaMad..I heard something rubbing on full lock, i never got out to check where, but i think from memory it came from the rear of the wing..ie. full lock turing right and it comes form the right hand side. What difference does it make?

Kristian

Hi!

Just wondered if you could tell me what type of noise the K&N filter makes. Im after a bit of a juicy sound, but dont want to sound like a boy racer! I had one on one of my old cars, and it really droned on the motorway - obviously not good!

How does that one sound?

Cheers!

Alex.

it makes a little whissle when it sucks air in at low revs and gear changes, goes off at higher speed, hardly noticable.

At small throttle openings its pretty much sounds stock. Put ya fut down and it does pump out a fair bit more noise but its not OTT, you won't sound liek an idiot. On motoryways its nto to noisy unless you floor it to overtake etc.

Unless you have an MPI sei though, there are better solutions such as the GSR (PM oldschool). I plan to buy some tubing to move mine from the top of the TB, so it gets some cooler air into it (y)

Kristian

Back