selectaNs.JPG

Panda (Classic) My L reg Selecta

Introduction

Thought it about time i got a MM thread up (now i've worked out how to put photos up) so here goes

My Red/Orange Selecta with 56,000 on the clock. I'll get some better photos when ye olde sun comes out again!
Well for the first time since I've owned the Selecta I now only need 1 key to open the boot and both doors :) A big thank you to aquamarine for supplying me with a complete lock set last month (y)

I really cannot believe how easy it was to change the locks over :eek: last night I changed the boot lock, must have taken about 60 seconds to do and with some daylight earlier this morning I got both door locks changed in just under 8 minutes :cool: I recon if I was to do it again now I could do it in half that! How many cars would this be possible on? None I can think off that's for sure. I'll get all the tools I need together and the job for tomorrow will be the ignition barrel. That should take a bit longer.... One key for everything :woot:

Well, i made my Selecta my daily drive as of a week or so ago and as we had a fantastic sunny day today, me and my boy set about giving it a good wash and polish ready for a family trip out to the Kent countryside (y)
I love it when the sun shines and i can get the Pandas looking nice and shiny :)

Attachments

• IMG_3175.JPG
    IMG_3175.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3179.JPG
    IMG_3179.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 43
After changing both the door and boot locks a couple of months ago, I finally got the chance to change the ignition barrel earlier this afternoon. I now have the luxury of one key for all locks and I'm very pleased :)
So a big thank you once again to aquamarine for the lock set, and also to my one and a half year old for sitting quietly in the passenger seat eating an apple, allowing me the time to get the barrel changed over :D

Well it was time to say goodbye to my trusty Selecta today. With the move going on and nowhere at the new place for more than 2 cars I'm having to reduce numbers temporarily until we buy somewhere with some out buildings.
Anyway, I placed an add on car and classics yesterday and within an hour had an email from someone wanting to see it today (y) A really nice guy who's been after a panda for a while turned up, had a look around it and after a 10 minute tour/test drive of South East London the money was handed over and a happy man headed off to the Kent Coast in his new Selecta. I wasn't so happy to see it go but I'm glad a new home has been found for the beauty :D

Ps homeward feel free to remove my selecta from the M&M thread as and when :(

Last edited:
Back