My Jag

Currently reading:
My Jag

well i did promise a few members on here pictures so here goes.

i was at my grandparents(wheres its stored) round xmas so took some photos of it in storage. Last nigth i wacked the battery on charge(after adding some more water to it) and this morning put it back in the jag. Turned the key in the door, the central locking kicks in( big smile from me :D ) then i jump in and start the beast up, bloody hell for a 3.6 straigth 6 its very very meaty, would think more along the lines of v12 fromthe noise it makes.

20 years old this year :D

anyways its interior is bloody amazing for its age, just needs a quick clean over and its done. The exterior looks fine but needs a good clean, though rusty bits here and there ( need new boot lid :( internal rust) and maybe a bonnet in the future and a drivers side door(due to rust :mad: ) and the usual bits that need fixing and so on with a 20 year old car, but over all its in good nick.

This car belong to a business man in preston, then my grandpa, then my dad, and now me. This car is going to stay with me for as long as possible, its not just a car now its a passion to fix it. its done 86k Miles(i think that was the number there abouts).

anwyays pictures....

p.s. i know its dirty, its about 2 years of dirt :eek: :(

p.s.s. more pictuures to come when i start work ;) (plus project website)

jag1.JPG

jag2.JPG

jag4.JPG

jag5.JPG

jag6.JPG

jag7.JPG

jag8.JPG

jag9.JPG

jag10.JPG

nice ;)

got to love jags.

since the early ones like that (xj????) to the newest xj420 or whatever they are called, they look damn near the same but just updated that bit. almost timeless really.

also love the slimness of them, I mean fat in width (fat cat), but very short to the shoulder then with a slender roof line.

just hte job. my mum is thinking of trading her saab 9-3 hot aero for another audi (we love audi's) or maybe a new S type :confused:
build quality is like that of audi's (a6 /allroad, older A8 we'd be looking at), but just that much more special

beau, though you crashed into a few kerbs the other day? and someone let you loose in their fat cat?? :rolleyes: :p

XJ8, thats what she's looking for not an s type.

an R version would be the icing.

fuel usage really isn't an issue. just so long as you burn yourself on the sills when you get out thats what we want (jumped a few times out of the saab to avoid moulen skin from the heat coming from under it).

come over and have a look skins *pulls up back seat* take your pick ;)

yes i know and as you said i aint gonna get insured, but its a project and ive got lots of time to do it and care for it ;) :D

hmm not original? would that mean that its the daimler dash or not? as my radio is the clarion daimler radio :chin:

yep got to love them, fi your going to get a jag, get a decent old(ish) one as all the new ones are to fordy for me :( Accept if you go for the BIg Cats they do, dont go for X/S or anything along those lines :yuck: , ooo yes an R would be a nice addition to anyones fleet of cars(y) , saabs are nice cars, weve had them, and so are audis, all lovely (y)

and big cats do eat fuel soyou have to live with it if you have one, this one does about 20 mpg? maybe less or something, cant realy rememeber

Beau, your a little kid realy, your into your big fancy sports cars, now if you got to hang around all those cars eveyrday you would soon go of them and look into better more practical and more luxurious cars:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Have you tried for a quote on it Herps?

Thats itching for a set of nice hoops and some very light tints, debadged and private plated.

Would be an awesome machine!

Liam

no ones gonna be insured realy for a while, i say its undrivable, not having anyone crash it. lol. but insurance at 17, for someone who has passed, well ill get back to you on that :eek:

hmm tints (tempted), alloys - well if i can find the original Sov alloys good quality and for not to much im tempted, as i want to add alloys when i can(only originals), dont know about debage as i want to try and keep it original as if i can. Private plate is a Yep from me (when i can afford all of this lol).

J

---------------------
Insurance

Done with confused, Fully Comp, Kept on drive, 17 year old driving.

3.6 Straight 6 Petrol Auto

cheapest was.........
COMPANY
Endsleigh
PRICE
£3678.71
APPROX EXCESS
£600
LEGAL COVER
included
COURTESY CAR
included
PAY MONTHLY (subject to credit policy)
1x £735.74 + 11x £304.28

Last edited:
What I always wanted to know about Jags (but did not know where to ask):

Are the wooden parts of interior made of a real massive wood, or is it only a veneer over a cheap chipboard, or, even worse, a plastic imitation? If it is a massive wood, what kind?

Back