GP_Italy_11_.JPG

Grande Punto My Hired GP Becoming a proper MountainMachine

Introduction

GP_Italy_11_.JPG

A 1.3multijet left hooker, 47Km on the clock over 3000Km when i gave her back.... 12days later. :devil: And with not so much tyre left! (y)

All on windy twisty mountain roads in the Italian Dolomites in the summer of 2006 while i was there climbing.

A nice little car for up the mountains, too slow on the motorways ie 70mph+ ;) But wasnt on them for much.

See googlemaps and zoom in for the kind of roadsm, 15 hairpin bends up to the top of the valley and the same back down, :D i had a permanant smile on my face the whole time. Shame the damm handbrake makes that annoying nose when you use it in motion! :devil:

GOOGLE MAP LINK

More pics HERE

GP_Italy_13_.JPG

And all the time i had the HGT sitting lonely at home UNDRIVEN :cry: It would have loved it, although the left hooker is the way to go for overtaking. Poor HGT would look stunning in those pics! Ohhh well always next time!
Yup there REALLY big Pit Bings. ;) Turbo lag was a bit of a bugger, but low gear and lots of right foot sorted that out! :D Dont think i was ever in a higher gear than 3rd until i hit the main roads, as you need to be in a low gear going down them too!

I'll put some of my general holiday snaps up from that holiday, the ones with the GP dont do it justice. Got 1Gb of photos.......just for that holiday, dont think i'll put them all up, already shrunk all those to put them up! lol

mountains look freaking fantastic.

where exactly were you (googlemap link keeps crashing on me).

the 1.3 mjtd does have HUUGGGEEE lag, bit dodgy on corners, got to be awake to keep it on teh road in the wet.

loads of torque but not much actual go when thrashing it :(

1.9 much better but heavier, so odd's and sods really.

can't really beat a hire car of any sort really

Was the area around Corvara in the Italian Dolomies, that should pop straight up on google maps, was there doing Via Ferrata and some sightseeing including visiting the old WW1 tunnels cut through the mountains, really an amazing place would have liked to back during winter, but stuff at home happened so didnt happen.

Back