5.jpg

My GTV

Introduction

This is my 93k mile 2001 Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0l V6 24v Lusso. It has Bilstien shocks, polybushed rear suspension and a stainless exhaust with 2 less silencers than standard. It is very quick(155mph), handles superbly, sounds gorgeous and I love it. I traded my Fiat barchetta for it about 18 months ago because I wanted something quicker and a bit more refined. I love both cars, I still miss my barchetta, especially on a sunny day in the summer.

dsc00047.jpg

04GTV6.jpg
Thanks for the comments:)
The boot is not too bad if you take out the spare wheel, I have found that I can get plenty of shopping or squashy bags for a trip away into it no problem, so I have no complaints and there are always the back seats as backup.
It does have a bit of Tipo in it(none the worse for that, the Tipo was a good handling car) but it is limited to some metal pressings and the basics of the front suspension, the rear suspension is a complex multi link system that reduces understeer when you get on the power out of a corner, it works well but feels a little unnatural to me.
The Alfa V6 really is as good as its reputation suggests, smooth, powerful, very free revving, very sharp throttle response and it sounds lovely, it is also very strong and reliable if looked after.
I would definitely recomend buying one at some time, the only problem is that after having had one most other engines seem a bit rubbish.
Overall it is a very good car but they are not cheap to run and it could cost a fortune to put a bad one right.

Outstanding. Regardless of all the faults Italian cars have, no-one can deny they (almost) all look gorgeous, the GTV included.

Back