General My Grande Punto

Currently reading:
General My Grande Punto

Since everyone else has a thread about their car - heres mine.

I've got a 2007, 56reg Grande Punto Sporting with the 1.4 16v engine. Its the caribean orange colour, without the black plastic rubbing strips.

Modifications are:

Parking sensors (an option when I bought it).
Front grills painted Matt Black.
New 17" black/chrome alloys (can't remember the make).
Black Abarth style front, rear & steering wheel badge (not to everyones taste - but they look better being black, than having the blue Fiat ones).
Taken off the rear Punto badge and also the side blue badges.

And, ive just ordered:

A front splitter (thanks to Ants advice in Tescos carpark).
An Isotta armrest.
An engine start button (which I will integrate into one of the blank button housings (near the hazards, ESP buttons etc) so it looks as though its standard).
And i'm also getting the rear 3 windows tinted with 'dark smoke' next Saturday.

I think thats it for now.

EDIT: Just uploaded some photos:

New33.jpg

New42.jpg

New24.jpg

Comments welcome.

Last edited:
aup mate would be ace to see some pics of the car mate

sounds wiked by the way! how long have u had it then? how u finding the 1,4 sporting... i hope (touch wood) i will be having one soon

An engine start button (which I will integrate into one of the blank button housings (near the hazards, ESP buttons etc) so it looks as though its standard).

It won't work. How are you getting past the immobiliser?

Someone did it on the Stilo section, but you still had to insert the key into the ignition switch and turn the key before you could press that start button, making it pointless.....

It won't work. How are you getting past the immobiliser?

Someone did it on the Stilo section, but you still had to insert the key into the ignition switch and turn the key before you could press that start button, making it pointless.....

Have faith - its one of those kits available on the net. Yes, you still have to use the key to some extent - but even so, I just like the idea.

And - to Rich Hemmings - the 1.4 is fine, ive had no problems with it. Ive had it from new, since February 2007.

Last edited:
Back