Styling My GP's Vinyl Grille

Currently reading:
Styling My GP's Vinyl Grille

I'd definitely recommend the Lamin-X kit for your rears, it is the most expensive and probably one of the hardest to do, but it is definitely the best looking in my opinion. I love the way my rear lights look.
Mine do have some imperfections in, where I struggled to get the film over the lip in the middle of the light, but that's only because I discovered the necessity of the hairdryer far too late. They will also take some time to cure and for all the tiny bubbles to go away, but it will happen eventually, and will definitely be worth it when they do (y)

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/257781-fly-eyes-kit.html
i was just browsing google for a fly eyes kit, and come accross this. arent the gp rear lights made of plastic :confused::eek:

Yes they are, although the front lights get a lot hotter than the rears so it's less likely that this would happen.

ok i think il go for lamin-x, thanks (y). can i ask where you got yours from, and what shade it is? im thinking of a subtle shade, roughly the same shade as my front lights are.

The top grille needs spraying black now and you'll be looking sweet.

I like the splitter, does it actually sit any lower to the ground than the bottom of the bumper and if so how much. I was thinking of getting one but the car scrapes as it is on certain speed bumps.

The top grille needs spraying black now and you'll be looking sweet.

I like the splitter, does it actually sit any lower to the ground than the bottom of the bumper and if so how much. I was thinking of getting one but the car scrapes as it is on certain speed bumps.
Thanks :), yeah it sits a couple of inches lower to the ground than the bottom of the bumper. Have you lowered you car then? im lucky, this splitter doesn't hit on bumps or anything.
I thought about lowering mine, but its always sat lower than other gp's as it is, and every time its at fiat sat next to other gp's she is lower than others, not massively, but noticably, so id be worried lowering it would take it to low.

If it helps at all, i went for the subtle tint lamin-x for the rears on my chemical grey GP... I prefer the OEM look.

Here's attached 'before' and 2 'after' photos. They were taken the middle of summer last year so the bright sun makes the first 'after' photo look a little less tinted than it actually is, the second of the two is more realistic.

Attachments

• P1010127 (1280x854).jpg
    P1010127 (1280x854).jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010129 (1280x854).jpg
    P1010129 (1280x854).jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010130 (1280x854).jpg
    P1010130 (1280x854).jpg
    452 KB · Views: 42
What size do i have to order from lamin x if i want to do the rears and is it a b**** to fit?

I have decided to keep my GP for a couple of years more, so now i want it to look a little different from the others :)

Two of the largest sheets.

Not too hard, use plenty of heat when applying and its not that hard. Easiest done when you take the light cluster off. You get a nice little sharp tool to help with cutting and a squeegee for pressing it down.

Definitely prefer the gunsmoke, subtle lets just a bit too much of the red through and looks like purple to me.

Not to repeat what Vance said, but to back him up, it's not too hard as long as you use enough heat from a heat gun or hairdryer, and make good use of the tools provided. (y)

It does let a lot of the red through, but subtle is what I wanted. I have to say though, the gun smoke does suit your blue well, it'd just have been to dark against the grey for me.

If it helps at all, i went for the subtle tint lamin-x for the rears on my chemical grey GP... I prefer the OEM look.

Here's attached 'before' and 2 'after' photos. They were taken the middle of summer last year so the bright sun makes the first 'after' photo look a little less tinted than it actually is, the second of the two is more realistic.

Although Gavins lights look quite good, I'd have to go for gunsmoke on yours, I have my lamin x rear lights off my car since I had the abarth lights on.

thanks for the pics, although i like subtle, id prefer it a little more noticable than that, and the gunsmoke look does look great. il go for gunsmoke, thanks (y)

Back