DSC02388.JPG

Uno My good old Uno

Introduction

It's Uno 55 S, 1108ccm from 1984. My grandfather has been driving it from day 1 till this year and now i'm the new owner:D The car has about 90 000km and its in very good condition! I've made a few modifications, alpine sound system, momo steering wheel and pedals... I'm searching for new front seats and some 80's style 13" or 14" rims and thats pretty much it what im planning on doing. Its a car for free time, i have an 99' punto for every day driving.
Very nice and clean looking Uno (y) Come and join us in the Uno section!

By the way, that is not an 1108cc engine ;) It is the older ohc (non - FIRE) engine as the FIRE 1108cc (or any FIRE for that matter) was not available in 1984! If it's '1100' cc then it is actually the 1116cc ohc engine :)

I bet most of us mk1 owners wished ours were as clean and as rust free as yours...:p

Nice motor, I wish I could hang onto a car for that long I'd be a much richer man if I did.

Get yourself over to the Uno section (y)

I reckon it is 903cc, I broke a 1116cc and it didm't look quite like that but I could be wrong.

It is 1116ccm, typing mistake, sorry. It has no catalysator so he doesnt like unleaded fuel, i have to pour in special liquid every time i fill the tank with fuel. I changed oil, all filters, belts, tyers and many other things when i inherited it so its in perfect condition now!

oh beautiful mate loving the car, its very nice.. the 55s' are very rare these days.

I've been away for quite a while now, colledge and stuff...

There have been many changes to the car and this is the present condition:

pict0873kp5.jpg

pict0574ww1.jpg

This is how it looks like under the bonnet but only for few more weeks cos i bought 1.6 8v engine, transmission and all the rest from Tipo and its going in :D

pict0879ud4.jpg

yeah, i'm really satisfied with the way that turned out, it's only a pvc matt black sticker, just a few pounds of investition :D

I had abarth 15" wheels from punto hgt abarth for few months but didnt look good, these 14" on pics are also sold and yesterday i bought 13" from lancia Y, tomorrow ill put them on make some pics again...

yeah, i'm really satisfied with the way that turned out, it's only a pvc matt black sticker, just a few pounds of investition :D

I had abarth 15" wheels from punto hgt abarth for few months but didnt look good, these 14" on pics are also sold and yesterday i bought 13" from lancia Y, tomorrow ill put them on make some pics again...

Personally I think oldskool 13" wheels really suit the mk1 Uno (y)

i had to learn on my mistakes, didnt listen to others:devil: 15" is seriously too big, 14 are ok but 13 look and feel the best... just not sure how they'll handle with 90hp and especially with turbo when i complete the project.

Here I am again :D, been away for a while...

There have been quite a few mods since last post:

complete suspension from italian racing uno (-10cm front, -8 rear)

1.4l engine from tipo, ligtened flywheel and few other details done :D

13" rims from God knows what, very similar to late 80s audi 100 quattro

xenon 6000k, tinted all the windows etc.

So this is how it looks now:

1188399.jpg

(front bumper was broken at the tim cos its about 6cm from the road so it gets broken very often :devil: )

1188401.jpg

1188397.jpg

1188395.jpg

This is how it looked like this summer with old lancia y rims:

933756.jpg

989468.jpg

Back