General My first week with my Panda

Currently reading:
General My first week with my Panda

Nickhmh

After just over a week and 300 miles of Panda ownership I'd like to share my experience:)
Mine is a 2010 59reg 1.1 eco active.
I LOVE it! To drive it is very like my old cinqucento I had a couple of years ago. I think nicer than my now dead 52 plate punto elx.
Plus points first..I love the simplicity of it. The visibility is better than my punto. The high driving position is excellent. The ride quality is better. The mpg is excellent. It's so nippy from 0-50mph. The position of the gear leaver is superb..the side mirrors are perfect..the driving position is excellent..the interior is perfect..(for my taste) IE basic:)
Now the negative..
Not as many storage places as the mk2 punto. Seat isn't adjustable for height..(on my model.)..no internal boot release..no rev counter..non locking fuel cap..now I'm just getting picky:)
Overall I'm very happy with my new Panda. Fiats are addictive. But I wanted one and didn't really like the newer punto. So been looking for a Panda for ages. When this one came up I had to buy it..just felt like right:) I'm loving it so far.
I'd love to hear other people's thoughts etc on the Panda. Give your + - points:)

We've just had a fleet change round in our house, and I've now got occasional use of our 09 Fiat Panda 1.1 Eco, been driving it the last couple of weeks for short journeys. Positives - faster warm up than the next gen Panda, don't know why but does. Simplicity. Even easier to park. Absolute faith that it'll still be there when you get back. ;)

Negatives - longer brake travel than later gen Panda, now used to after initial misjudgements. Crappy front washer jets. That's about it.

You can fit a locking fuel cap - did this with ours, either by getting a new one or s/h - common part with punto and other fiats. Also lights were poor, but upgraded to better sidelights and main beam (nightbreakers improved matters no end).

Hope you continue to enjoy your Panda. :)

I did notice the brakes were not that crisp but used to them now. I was going to see if my punto fuel cap would fit but TBH where I live I can't see it as an issue..I hardly lock my car at home LOL. I totally agree about the washer jets...I'm hoping the ones off my punto will fit as they are superb! It's like having two small pressure washer! I forgot about the horn that is just embarrassing lol!

Back