Styling My First post, my new exhaust.

Currently reading:
Styling My First post, my new exhaust.

Puntos 4 You

Hi all,

This is my first post here. Great place to find information it is as well.

Just had my customfull system built from the Cat back. Here are some images I took this morning...

1.jpg 2.jpg

3.jpg 4.jpg

It was built at www.longlife.co.uk at Tong in Leeds. Took them about 4 hours to do it all, new flange, Flexi pipe, straight through pipe, back box and tailpipe.

Hope you enjoy my pics anyway. Now, that induction kit is next. :slayer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone.

Yeah. Its mid range sport sound. Awesome when you put your foot down.

Once I get my carbon BMC filter connected up to suit the GP that will be on next. Unless GSR get their act together and finish their silicon hose based induction kits for the 1.4 16v GP.

I did email GSR and he offered me to take my GP down to London to get the induction kit fitted. But I would rather wait until the supply the kits, then buy it from them and fit it myself.

I got my exhaust on my stilo done at longlife and ive just had my gp turbo done last week. Like you i went for the mid range sport note. Awesome. Is the only way i can describe it.

i'm not going down the route of induction kits, kills the fuel. lol i have a K&N 57i on my fiesta and can only get 240 miles to 30 quid.

Last edited:
i wouldnt bother with the bmc, they ok when clean but get blocked in just a few months, fit a pannel filter until you get a gsr

I used the BMC on my previous Punto for over a year, had no issues at all with it. Its quite easy to clean and re-oil if needed. I love the extra kick it gives and much prefer its tone over K&N (which I also had before, but it split). But as mentioned, fuel is used up quicker.

i'm not going down the route of induction kits, kills the fuel. lol i have a K&N 57i on my fiesta and can only get 240 miles to 30 quid.

thats because a k&n is not designed and tested like a kit such as a gsr,

when my bmc is clean i get 40 mpg average when its dirty i get 33 mpg, gets dirty after about 12 weeks:( cleaning it is not the problem, its waiting for it to dry that pisses me off, a new filter for a gsr kit is only about £15 so when they get dirty after about a year you can just chuck them in the bin an get a new one (or clean them if you tight)

Last edited:
dunno, will ask thursday if he don't reply to this thread

Thanks.

I really need this on my car. It will add a lot. Better throttle response, less juddering, small amount of BHP and nice added sound, on top of my exhaust. (y)

This was the reply I got from Peter:

Hi,

The induction for the GP 1.4 16v is essentially identical with the Punto Mk2 1.4. We haven't had one other than for a short test available yet, which means we do not have the right bracket made till date. This will be sorted out soon. If you live within reach of London, I can arrange to see you and finalise the bracket for correct fitment.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Peter

So it looks as if they were finishing it off then. But I want to buy now! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back