General My first fault?

Currently reading:
General My first fault?

jongp

Hi everyone, up until now i havn't realy noticed any faults/problems with my GP, but this morning i noticed that the right side of the dashboard sticks up, the left side is flush with the white pillar trim but the right sticks up by about 2cm, looks pretty crappy to be fair!, anyone else have/had this problem?

Hi everyone, up until now i havn't realy noticed any faults/problems with my GP, but this morning i noticed that the right side of the dashboard sticks up, the left side is flush with the white pillar trim but the right sticks up by about 2cm, looks pretty crappy to be fair!, anyone else have/had this problem?

The dashboard or the screen ventilator/blower moulding?

The dashboard or the screen ventilator/blower moulding?

The dashboard itself, my blower thingy is ok, the right side of the dash isnt flush with the white pillar trim and is raised by about 2cm?

Not heard that one before personally. But I dont work in the trade so maybe one of them that do can help, or the All Knowing Mr T of course! :D

No...but I've had a new dash fascia replaced under warranty...get it checked out by the dealer.

Just been to my dealer and had a look at 4 other cars and they are all pretty much the same, 1 of them is the same as mine and the other 3 are slighty similair, it's hard to explain and too awkward to take a picture but it's basicaly where the white pillar trim near the windscreen meets with the dashboard it's not flush and the trim feels pretty flexy anyway so it's probably just the way it's been moulded i could prob fix it myself buy holding it where it should be and heat gunning it but it's not realy worth it, and if i do get it fixed under warranty theres no gaurantee that the new one will be any better judging by the other gp's i looked at!

and if i do get it fixed under warranty theres no gaurantee that the new one will be any better judging by the other gp's i looked at!

Yeh that's a lesson I've learned - the hard way - warranty means nothing if they can't fix the problem.

Cheers for the reply T, however i wasnt refering to my dash vent trim as i seem to be the only person with "perfect dash vent trim" :D As i said before it's on the drivers side at the front where the white pillar trim flows down infront of the windscreen and meets the dashboard, they don't meet that well looks as tho it's just the way the pillar trim is moulded, another problem is that i can be extremely fussy/ocd/daft about cars. At the end of the day it's a fiat so i don't expect bugatti build quality. :D

try another pillar trim could just be poor molded one,has it ever been removed in past?

No it's never been removed before, but what if the new trim is the same as this one?, think i'm just gonna leave it, you can't realy notice it anyway

Has anyone heard about a fault in the driver side door, I get a noise from the door or the window cant put my finger on it?? :yum:

If I have my window down say 2 inches or something to smoke while driving, I get a rattle from the mechanism unless I just click the motor up a little bit to make the regulator make proper contact with the glass, and just this morning I got the car back after I had the complete passenger side mechanism replaced, another weak point I would say, especially in 3 doors.

Back