My first crash!

Currently reading:
My first crash!

Well crash is a bit too harsh a word i think but..just to add to my bad luck with cars...and not including the time i backed into a lampost that appeared from nowhere....

Just got back from going to the shop and turned off from an island to start sliding sideways. Didnt bother braking but turned the sterring wheel to turn the oposite way as i was heading towards some parked cars, mounted the middle pavement and smacked into one of those plastic square cones with a light underneath. Hit it at the front driverside which was a good job because there was a large metal lampost about 2 feet away from it so i would have hit that too. Nothing coming the other way otherwise i would have hit them too.

So anyway, I pulled over infront of the parked cars on my side, checked the car and cant see any damage. Had to pick the cone back up as it was in the middle of the road on the opposite side and just put it back over the light. Steering feels ok even though i mounted the kerb so hoping i got away with any damge (even though ive probably done something major with my bad luck)

Not sure if im meant to report it or something? There wouldnt have been any witnesses apart from a bloke sitting in a works van who just gawped at me :)

Nope sounds like you got away with it to me. Im sure that you arent the first person to do that in the current weather ATM. Just today i almost missed a turning sue to a sliding car. The road just looked wet but it was smooth ice so i slightly mis judged the speed.
Im glad that nothing more serious happened and that you are safe. :)

:doh: :hug:

you should "technically" report it as you damaged council property (to plod with in 24 hours) however if no one saw anything ;)...

if it was a council van i'd report it however if it was a pervy builder in a van i'd have been more concerned about him offering "first aid" :eek:

I got away with a similar thing in a punto...mounted a traffic calming island at 30 mph it ran happily without repairs for 2 years after and is still going. Just get the car looked at and if anyone contacts you about bollard then think about it but otherwise get on with your life :)

The result of one of my crashes (the only one in a fiat)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Having just taken my dads car for its MOT you was not alone,

saw 4 mangled cars in the space of 1 mile one Lupo on a recovery truck, one Free lander that had a slightly shorter front end having gone up the arris of a Astra which was a bit shorter and a Seat Ibiza that had hit something rather hard (presuming the back corner of a HGV) and air bagged it

Dave's right, they are designed to "pop" off. Dead and dying keep left cones can be seen lying in the street after Friday and Saturday night vicous and unprovoked drunken assaults.

Well crash is a bit too harsh a word i think but..just to add to my bad luck with cars...and not including the time i backed into a lampost that appeared from nowhere....

Just got back from going to the shop and turned off from an island to start sliding sideways. Didnt bother braking but turned the sterring wheel to turn the oposite way as i was heading towards some parked cars, mounted the middle pavement and smacked into one of those plastic square cones with a light underneath. Hit it at the front driverside which was a good job because there was a large metal lampost about 2 feet away from it so i would have hit that too. Nothing coming the other way otherwise i would have hit them too.

So anyway, I pulled over infront of the parked cars on my side, checked the car and cant see any damage. Had to pick the cone back up as it was in the middle of the road on the opposite side and just put it back over the light. Steering feels ok even though i mounted the kerb so hoping i got away with any damge (even though ive probably done something major with my bad luck)

Not sure if im meant to report it or something? There wouldnt have been any witnesses apart from a bloke sitting in a works van who just gawped at me :)
I was going to say that you're not having much luck at the moment - but then I think you just have had plenty!
Good to hear nothing serious happened.

Back