General my first 100hp chuckle

Currently reading:
General my first 100hp chuckle

fieldsy

stuck behind a tractor pulling a load of hay bales on a twisty country road, behind me is very impatient BMW. Eventually the road straightens and I overtake, the BMW does likewise, but I see him stay in the other lane as he plans to take me too.

Dust.............

HA HA HA HA !!!!

He got absolutely nowhere near me. The shame of being tucked up by a Panda. :D

That's ma boy!:devil: (y)

I've experienced a number of moments like this since having the 100hp.

Mind you it's usually people in 'max powered' Mk1 Punto's.:rolleyes:

Out braking tailgaters into a tight bend also has it's pleasures as they stand on the brakes and you cling on and power out the other side.

you wouldnt chuckle so much if the bmw actually put his foot down though. unless he was driving a 316 or something. the 100hp is nippy and responsive but not really a bmw killer. not on the straights anyway.

a suprise is all thats needed ;)

indeed, he had no idea that I was going to shoot off, whereas I had every intention of doing just that. Far too embarrassing for the fool to try again. Anyhows, he was a knob, constantly trying to dink his nose out to get round on a really twisty, zero visibility round the corner busy lane. idiot.

you wouldnt chuckle so much if the bmw actually put his foot down though. unless he was driving a 316 or something. the 100hp is nippy and responsive but not really a bmw killer. not on the straights anyway.

actually, it could of been a 318 or even a 320, as even the mk1 1.2 Sporting punto is faster to 60 than a 318, so with less weight, more power and an extra 200ccs it could just edge out

I had to laugh when I went with oldschool up to mitcar in his 1.2 chinq as he kept up with a bmw 5 series ..the guy was not impressed one bit :devil:

I had a reapeat performnce today, but this time from a girl in a C1 :) The embarrasment of being in the wrong lane flooring it to try and overtake a car that is already long gone. Fair play to her though, when we got to the junction at the end and she went to turn left, she flicked me the vickies !!!

Last edited:
Reminds me of the time my mate in his 'old' Talbot Sunbeam had a run-in with a (then new) 205 GTI.

The Sunbeam was an ex-rally car with stage 3 1800 motor (twin dellortos carbs etc)

The 205 newbie driver ended up on it's tailgate nose-up in the sky in a hedge....Oops!

Don't you just love surprising a 'better' car!!!!

Back