DSC00067.JPG

Tipo (Classic) My fiat tipo sedicivalvole

Introduction

My 1993 2.0 16v tipo had it a year and omly done 63K genuine miles. Its got a de-cat pipe and sports backbox and soon to be lowered and chipped with a re map
looks nice.. the alloys really suit it (y)

tho get the induction kit sorted that hose and position wont be doing nowt but zapping power when you get some heat under ur hood!

Rubbish, it's fine where it is, it aint hot in that corner.

rich

Its true Rich. Induction hosing should have smooth internals, which this one doesnt seem to have, plus hot air rises so this will get warm air at some point. I used to have a similar set up on my Bravo thinking that it would be fine as it was down the wing. But slapped a gsr kit on ( sits bottom of engine and smooth hosing ) and it gave me 17bhp more. Just goes to show what a good induction set up can achieve.

Its true Rich. Induction hosing should have smooth internals, which this one doesnt seem to have, plus hot air rises so this will get warm air at some point. I used to have a similar set up on my Bravo thinking that it would be fine as it was down the wing. But slapped a gsr kit on ( sits bottom of engine and smooth hosing ) and it gave me 17bhp more. Just goes to show what a good induction set up can achieve.

you know it makes sence (y)

Sorry mate, just not true. No heat problem there when the car is moving trust me ;plenty of cool air there, even tested it - it's ambient temp.

As for the hose, no chance on a small bore perhaps not a massive great hose like that, that could flow enough for twice the power. The only thing that has changed and is significant is the tuned induction length, but even so its on such a mild cam doesn't make much difference.

Think it will make any difference to mine - not a chance :cool:
canon007-1.jpg

Rich

I passed my test back in 1993 in one of these, it was about two weeks old and the driving examiner told me to slow abit more into junctions, apart from that a pass first time.

They handled fantastically and were used as paramedics fast response cars in some areas.

Everyone overlooked them so it was good to fly past at 130 ish.

It was a quick car out of the dealership in its day, handled well and there were less police!!!!!!

I raced a mate in an Astra GSI to Swansea from Cardiff, I beat him to Mumbles, the Tipo gave you confidence and he had no bottle!!!

I was gutted when it was sold, my dad bought a new Fiat every year from late 80’s to early 00’s a friend then changed his dealership to Mazda and that was it.

In those 20 years we had nearly every model Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Lancia produced.

Back