my engine cuts out

Currently reading:
my engine cuts out

J

james

hi,

my engine cuts out at like 20kph. it has done this like 3 times already twice in the same day.

i'd be driving then when i slow down and change gear to 2nd, with my foot still on the clutch and the other tapping the breaks the engine jst cuts out. after that i restart it and all is fine!
this is how at happened all 3 times and always at roughly 20kph

i jst bought the car and it has been idle for past 2 yrs however i did send it for a full service a month ago.

i hav no clue what is wrong and would appreciate any kind of help/advice

by the way guys i forgot to mention that my car is a fiat bravo 1.4sx R reg.

also, does anyone know where i can get 2nd hand fron wiper motors in nottingham and how much these will cost

had this problem on my 1.4sx fiat tried everything until they found the lambda sensor was faulty seending wrong info to ecu hence car cuts out. My car was still on warranty from a garage so fixed free of charge hope this helps.

Cheers paul

Re: re: my engine cuts out

If its been sat for 2 years various things may have stuck and/or corroded. Connectors etc...

Re: re: my engine cuts out

Mine did this mate i had to have it put onto a krypton toon machine and they fount out that a couple of coads were mucked up in the ecu since then its drived perfect and the fuel consumption has been way better o and i had mine done at a garage near me in ilkeston thats near notts hope this helps