My door speakers on Mk1 punto

Currently reading:
My door speakers on Mk1 punto

RED_75SX

Well finally got the guts to try it and well im glad i did
Speakers are Crunch power zone Components tweeters are where standard dash speakers were,Now how do i put pics lol
image713xf.jpg

image728do.jpg

image739ze.jpg

Not as neat as i would of liked though

well im going to be truthful, i really dont like it i think it looks a mess- sorry

you would be so much better to get speaker pods from sporting/gt

and what an earth is wrong with the door handle in the 3rd pic? its like gold
Glad your being honest.My car is 5 door gt and sporting pods out of question,Damn phone cam makes handle look bad.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
how easy are they to get?Plus im not from the uk no parts here.But way i look at it if i do come across some pods it will be an easy fit

uno_94 said:
well im going to be truthful, i really dont like it :( i think it looks a mess- sorry (n)

you would be so much better to get speaker pods from sporting/gt (y)

and what an earth is wrong with the door handle in the 3rd pic? its like gold :p

For a non car owner and a non driver I think its about time you grew up and stopped being such a pr**k with all your comments all the time.

Steve

steve1219 said:
For a non car owner and a non driver I think its about time you grew up and stopped being such a pr**k with all your comments all the time.

Steve
i think your find i do own a car.

and as i said im being truthful, i could of said yes looks great but i wouldnt be telling the truth would i? he wanted comments on it, and as i said im giving advice and saying he should get speaker pods from higher model.

thanks for your kind comments
what can i say i tried somthing as i wanted door speakers. i know they dont look the best.i will try to get ELX door pods,i hope someone will help me find some pods as its difficult for me not being in the uk.
take it easy guys

tbh i don't think they look too bad, considering they are a makeshift job. Of course GT door cards would be better, but the important thing is how they sound! (y)
Have you got any scrappies round your way? Maybe you could have a look there for the speaker pods

H2DaE said:
tbh i don't think they look too bad, considering they are a makeshift job. Of course GT door cards would be better, but the important thing is how they sound! (y)
Have you got any scrappies round your way? Maybe you could have a look there for the speaker pods

Good way of answering(y) (y) nicely said:slayer:

Steve

No its a Honda colour. hope its not getting to popular:cry: cant afford another respray.:)

Steve

Bog standard rear bumper on mine to:) just wish I could find on I like.

"Hey if it gets too common for you, you can give it to me!"

Think you would have to kill a few people in the queue before you, Sorry.

Steve

That doesnt look amazingly bad IMO, you've managed to follow the contour of the speaker housing well whilst cutting into the plastic pockets (y)
You could (If you wanted) make the existing pockets into pods by adding in extra and shaping around it.
The problem with ELX pods i that they are not the same fitment to the door card as GT/sporting ones. Therefore, you need the door card to match also. as the ELX has contoured door cards so they will not fit without a massive gap at the top which looks naff!

PIC01126.jpg

PIC01127.jpg

Thanks for you comments.Well there are scrappies around but they dont carry punto stuff as there is like only 6-8 puntos here and all are on the road none of them being ELX so thats a prob.
But plz be on the look out for me if any turn up at any UK scrappies as i can probally try to get them got one or 2 people who are in and out the UK.

Back