16102008246.jpg

My current ah hem.....classic?

Introduction

Its a 1986 Peugeot 305 Automatic, oh yeah....

I actually bought it with a friend of mine several months ago but recently dragged it out of her garage and brought it home to get it going properly.

1.6 SOHC 8v, same motor as the 205 GTi 1.6 with no injection, but it does have a rather nice weber carb on it. High compression GT spec with 94bhp.

Its only done 63k miles from new, a little tatty but spit and polish will fix most of it, but I need a new front bumper and a drivers seat, anybody got them? LOL

It rides beautifully and handles shockingly well. All ive done so far is oil and ATF change, plugs etc, needs alot more yet but its going well so far. When did you last see one? Retro.
Very nice (y)

I had a diesel one in orange about 7 years back. I think it was meant to be red but I thik the sun got to it :eek:

I loved it too. Only thing that ever went wrong with it while I had it was a wheel bearing, and it had done about a squillion miles so can't complain.

hehe yeah the 309 was a step backwards in terms of driving pleasure and of course its damn ugly lol! bizarrely you could also get it with some of the older generation engines that the 305 moved away from too, weird.

It is a good car though, I feel like keeping this one a while.

Do you think the 309 is ugly? I thought it is a nicer car on the eye than the 305. I remember my brothers mate saying the 305 was better than the 309 at the time. I reckon this was back in 1990. Both seem rare now, can't remember the last time I saw a 309, the GTI was quite fruity too with the same engine as the 1.9 205 GTI if I recall.

I think a goodwood green 309 gti can look pretty tasty, but the shopping trolley models are sooo dull they could just be any other 80s hatch, dull inside too. The older more angular cars look maybe a bit more unique? I like the 305 coz it looks quite gallic combined with nice 80s pininfarina lines.

Ive not personally driven a 309 mind but a few Pug enthusiasts ive spoken to prefer the older cars or of course the 205 etc, I dont find the 309 ugly per se, its just a nothing car really, its like a Rover 400 or a vauxhall astra! Having said that, 304s, 305s and 309s are all pretty rare these days.

Last edited:
Updated today with some 14inch Speedlines from a 205 GTi, painted white of course. Looks way better and should drive better on wider lower tyres, however havent got the correct bolts so just a test fit!

Attachments

• DSC00060.JPG
    DSC00060.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 25
Back