Cinq.jpg

Cinquecento My Cinquecento SX 'The Grasshopper'

Introduction

:p

This is my Cinq SX, 2nd one i've owned. It is a straight car but needs some bodywork (nearside rear wheel arch).
Despite breaking down 7 times on the way home (overheating problem now sorted!) it's been really reliable. I'm really enjoying tidying it up and servicing it.
Drivers seat has a rip in it but think i'll have to do a repair as there seems to be no seats in the classifieds...
Reactions: varesecrazy
I had a Cinquecento as my first car, stood out like a sore thumb as it was bright pink. It also handled very well I remember coming down a steep hill and went into the bend at the bottom about 75-80mph & there were roadworks at the bottom with no warning signs there was a car waiting at a red light I still don't know to this day how I missed it but I just wacked on the brakes, pulled the handbrake & just spun the back end around 180 degrees & it stopped about an inch off the car in front. After 8 months it got written off by a Peugeot pulling out & just stopping on the junction, for a small car that was a bit rough around the edges it was very strong as I hit the stationary Peugeot at 60mph, smashed all the front end, crumpled the inner wing & pushed the gearbox back about 45 degrees away from the engine, it still started & drove home. Wasn't all bad as I kept the no claims bonus & got 3 times what I paid for the car :slayer:

Back