Styling my cinque

Currently reading:
Styling my cinque

tango

hi everyone, i'm new to this forum, but have owned it 3 1/2 years. what do ya think?
after.jpg

compsondacinq.jpg

q.jpg

its only a 900 s, but it does the job!!! :slayer:

ports are 4" by 13.6" home made, 140dB tested. painted the bumpers myself, found the ms design extension in a scrap yard, €20/£14!!! bargain of the century. all the lights are from sportings, cinques aren't very popular in ireland, nobody modifies them, well not tastefully anyway!

beastyjay said:
better if you used comps instead of 6x9s and moved them out of the boot ;)

those jbl 6x9s are purely for boot open times, i've 6 1/2 comps in diy front door pods.

the whole system is:
sony m8800 head unit
2x jbl 600w 4channel amps
vibe 1 farad capacitor
caliber bass line driver
2x jl audio 12" wo subs
6 1/2 jbl components up front
6x9 jbls in the back

all installed DIY, was a challenge getting it all in, but more than worth it (especially when people in their living rooms 100 yards away complain!)

spuds system was rated at about 142db. sitting in the back all the way to donny south from mk was quite bad :p.

have you insulated the panels in the car?

its not running much sound deadening, if i did it could increase it by up to 3 dB, but i'll probably strip it all out eventually and replace it wit a cage! and possibly get a bigger engine in there! i'll never sell it, its been in the family since new, couldn't part with it! you know the way!

i think i should point out that the comps aren't mine :cry: but some thing similar will be arriving next summer. complete overhaul coming up, as my other project is nearly ready for road. (its a mk1 golf) people keep saying that once the golfs on the road, i'll have no interest in the cinq, they obviously never owner one!!!

tango said:
its not running much sound deadening, if i did it could increase it by up to 3 dB,

I've got a Dynamat Extreme bulk pack in my Sei, 2 layers on the rear quarter panels, 1-3 layers in the boot and under the back seats. Needless to say those panels are now rock solid, ready for bass! Will be putting another bulk pack in to do the roof, floor and doors.

Nearly finished my sub enclosure, just the top half to do, should look pretty special when it's done :D

thanks for all the nice replies, means alot after all the hard work i put into it.
sadly though i was involved in an incident monday evening and the car isn't repairable, just wish people would dim there lights sooner! just wondering if anyone interested in the sound, seeing as its already built for a centos shape and all! 1500 euro/1000 pounds sterling. by the way nothing inside the car is even slightly damaged.
ps, the money will be going towards a sei sporting :)

Back