General My cinq

Currently reading:
General My cinq

lambert82

It's not Pete's,it's Mine
A few pics of me Cinq, still got to get me new 14s sprayed and a longlife exhaust is on the way to peek out the back properly :D

....but we're getting there
2628rear.jpg

2628cinqrearsideedit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bloomfieldliam said:
Is it the camera that makes the silver look a different colour to the rest?

I think it's a dodgy camera phone, and also the light. The match up close isn't too bad, gonna give it a wax when the weather dries up which may pull it all together

fixitagaintomorrow said:
oo, don't you need to leave new paint for a few weeks?

Well with the weather being as it is mate, i haven't got round to it. I'll give it a week or so then chief :D

Already told ya what I think. Can't wait to see it in the flesh though! Hope you can make it down this week

Sack the spray man! but on a brighter note yes you can compound polish and wax new paint as soon as it has hardened which is overnights for cellulose or as soon as its baked for two pack.

Got to say excluding the paint match your car looks well sweet with sei abrth wheels its gonna look like julio's cinq on here though although thats damn nice

The younger modder said:
Sack the spray man! but on a brighter note yes you can compound polish and wax new paint as soon as it has hardened which is overnights for cellulose or as soon as its baked for two pack.

Got to say excluding the paint match your car looks well sweet with sei abrth wheels its gonna look like julio's cinq on here though although thats damn nice

in my experience its never a perfect match when first done, my red one wasnt but once it'd had a month or so it was practically perfect (y)

and iirc he's not getting sei abarths? :confused: :p

The younger modder said:
Sack the spray man!

Silver is the hardest of all colours to match - even when blending, so the paintwork doesn't look bad at all considering. The other thing to take into account is what type of paint has been used, if it was a 2 part (base coat/laquer) it may take a little while for the laquer coat to yellow/dull to match the rest of the car.

P.S. Car looks sweet!

Well i'm happy with it, and to be honest the paint doesn't seem too different, alloys aren't Sei Abarth, they are 14s though, but are a curvy 5 spoke pictured on my site, soon to be painted Anthracite..

When are the wheels gonna be ready and on?!?!?!?! I'm so eager to see this car!

surfin_fella said:
When are the wheels gonna be ready and on?!?!?!?! I'm so eager to see this car!

tee hee hee, wheels will hopefully be going in this week, my 4 new contis are sat in my garage so it'll be fresh tread for Stanford. Had me Longlife exhaust fitted today, with a 3" slashed tailpipe, looks the nuts and sounds sweet, nice burble. Oh and me cars now got its 40mm T/B on with the help of Pete.

Pete pointed out a small tear in my front seat where the seatbelts been rubbing, so I might even try and sort out me interior with bucket seats before Stanford too..

Roll on the concourse :D

lambert82 said:
tee hee hee, wheels will hopefully be going in this week, my 4 new contis are sat in my garage so it'll be fresh tread for Stanford. Had me Longlife exhaust fitted today, with a 3" slashed tailpipe, looks the nuts and sounds sweet, nice burble. Oh and me cars now got its 40mm T/B on with the help of Pete.

Pete pointed out a small tear in my front seat where the seatbelts been rubbing, so I might even try and sort out me interior with bucket seats before Stanford too..

Roll on the concourse :D

How you rate longlife exhausts fella? might go on trip to them before stanford ;)

GhostWKD said:
How you rate longlife exhausts fella? might go on trip to them before stanford ;)

The centre in Leeds was very professional as were the blokes fitting it, they offered to run me into town but i just waited about. The exhaust quote was £249, but thats with a proper skanky thin tailpipe. Obvoiusly the better the tailpipe the difference in price. I also got a stainless steel flexi-pipe put in and the slashed tailpipe is custom so cost more. In total it was £304, i'm not bothered on the price as the sounds class, and driving home defo felt like an improvement, although when removing my supersprint back box we found it was rotten (sorry em)

Bit of an uncertainty with club discount so i didn't get it, but both Em and Pete are looking into this..

So yeah, i'd recommend them, just don't get a slashed 3" tailpipe ;)

Back