backleft.jpg

Cinquecento My Chinky SX

Introduction

This is my cinq, as bought, apart from the sound system
Ah my mum makes me drive her to the shops and then moans she cant fit it in my car... silly woman :D

Yeah...my flatmates at uni are the same too Lora....Its a case of put it on yerself!

Right, finally got a tachometer for the cinq, and after 2 hours of wrestling the old gear knob off I now have the new one on..

Attachments

• rev counter.jpg
    rev counter.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 217
  • gearknob.jpg
    gearknob.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 80
IMO

the gaer knob looks like it has been done with tape

the rev counter looks like it is held down with wood screws

IMO only

First, the gear stalk is covered with insulating tape as a temporary fix until I can get something a bit better... It will eventually be better...

Second, those were the screws that came with the rev counter. Its also stuck down with those pads but they dont stay there cos of the matt finish...

Adam

I'd find some anodised screws for the tach and would have drilled the hole for the wiring below the actual tach so it was hidden and looked tidy but overall I like the NASCAR look!

Liam

it took ages to find the wiring, but i got the tacho to work by getting the wire through the bulkhead and spliced it onto the light blue and red wire, on the top coil, in the haynes manual it told me that was the engine speed signal wire (and also the negative) it seems to work fine.

The other wires go to the battery, earth and to the ignition.

I didn't put the wires down below the tacho cos there is a huge lump of plastic there...

Adam

Back