Technical my car wont start!!! help!!!

Currently reading:
Technical my car wont start!!! help!!!

kerry_678

i recently drove my little fiat cinquecento to someones house and when i went to leave it wouldnt start! not sure whats wrong but if anyone can help me that would be great!! if this helps the oil light was on so i filled it up and i know the amount of oil is ok have checked it on the dipstick, and that went after a few days but now there is a little red key light on, have tried my other two keys but it still doesnt work. if you can help my e mail is [email protected] or just leave it here and i will keep checking!
thanks very much!!
Kerry
x

it tries to start but just doesnt. i doxnt know what that little red key thing means either!!

Red key light? Only Key shaped light in the Cinq is the CODE light, thats in the centre of the dash and its yellow. The ECU warning light is red and furthest towards the LHS. It should stay on for 4 secs then go out. If it stays on, theres something up with the ECU...

Don't start it (or try to) until this 4 sec period has passed and / or the light has gone out

Try starting it with full throttle (mine was a little argumentative for starting - it would turn but not hold idle), then let the throttle go once the engine starts.

yeah i think thats the one, thanks for your help will try that then. thanks very much

How long ago was it driven?, could be damp round the distributor?, abit of wd40 as my old fiesta was always having that problem. A simple on but have you checked the petrol?, or there could be a blockage in the petrol line stopping it getting through, not sure how to fix that tho, sorry :confused:

yeah have put more petrol in it but still doesnt go! will try the wd40 and the other stuff to thanks for all your help! x

Back