Technical My car is not starting after checking Fuses??

Currently reading:
Technical My car is not starting after checking Fuses??

Jmre

Where do I begin… this car has given me nothing but trouble.
I have a FIAT Grande Punto 1.4 2010.
Both airbag lights, seatbelt light and system error light have been permanently on for a few weeks now.
I’ve been told it could be the wires under the seat however I have checked these connections and they’re fine.
The car still ran fine with these warning lights.

HOWEVER…
Today I regretfully decided to check the fuses in the car to see if this could be the cause of the warning lights.
I checked the fuses in the dashboard and in the engine bay and they are all fine and none have blown. I inserted all the fuses back and went to start the car however now it won’t start!! The car just turns over and doesn’t fire up. I then checked all the fuses again to see if any had blown and they are all still fine! But the car won’t start.
Basically I’ve f*ck*d the car during the process of checking the fuses however i don’t know what i have done wrong?

Please look at this video as it explains it a little better:

Before I pay for a mechanic to come sort this is there anyone who knows what it could be? I literally drove home from work, checked the fuses and now it won’t start.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Well, surely you should have continued this on your previous thread. To pull fuses the battery negative terminal should be off to prevent spiking the electronics. The problem now may be with the fuse box itself or some systems might have reset themselves. It may not get fuel now or it forgot the keys so it may be the immobilizer. :(

You can still try to do a start slower, put the car on ignition - do not start. Wait for the warning lights and malfunction light to go off and you should hear the fuel pump prime. Does it make a sound? Do you still see a yellow key warning? It may be a problem with the immobilizer. If not, try to start it then. It COULD start if you just wait for the lights to go off. It takes like 5-10 seconds. Try another key if you've got one.

Back