Bravo (Classic) my bravo 1.8hlx

Currently reading:
Bravo (Classic) my bravo 1.8hlx

Damn you jug now I really want a 1.8 HLX in heraldic blue. (y)

Preferably a mk1 as they're cheaper on insurance by a few hundred quid for me. :confused:

wow thats weird, cant think why a mk1 would be cheaper, the mk2 is only 2bhp more and they're both group 8 insurance. its a mad world. i got a quote on a punto HGT and it was nearly double the price of my car. cant think why?

must admit you'd have a hard time finding a faster car that is only group 8 or less. bargain. i paid £440 for a years insurance last month, i'm 25 with 1 year no claims, plus 3 points and a ban on my license. i thought that was a fair price considering the points and ban.

thought i'd mention, i've changed the spark plug cover again, its got the fiat badge on that i took of the boot lid. thought it would melt but it hasnt. i liked the blue paint i had befoer but it was a crap job :eek: so i tohught a proper fiat badge would be better. i think it looks much better, pic coming when i get a minute

Lovely car, absoloutley stunning! :) Nice price aswell, i paid little less than that for my 1997 R Brava 1.6 Automatic and the Bravo is a nicer car IMO! :)

Not too keen on what you have done with the CD player, should have stuck a changer in the boot!!

pic of the new sparkplug cover with the fiat badge on it. i'm thinking i'll change the 16v bit back to aluminium because it doesn't quite look right.

Attachments

• enginebay.JPG
    enginebay.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 398
i've been busy doing a few interior mods. i've stuck a marea centre console in with an armrest and storage compartment and rear air vent, much nicer than the bravo one.

it was a different shade of grey to my other plastics so i also took the glove box off the marea, and the black passenger side air vent, and the darker window switch assemblys from both doors. i want the ashtray and the bit where the passeneger airbag would go and the bit above the instument panel and the sunroof switch assembly to finish off the 2 tone plastics. should get them next time i'm at the scrappys.

for anyone interested i've listed the original fiat leather handbrake gator in classifieds. its a nice upgrade to the usual plastic crap, plus i'm throwing in a matching original fiat gearstick gator and electric mirror switch. basically its a bravo/a centre console styling kit.

Attachments

• interior4.JPG
    interior4.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 73
  • interior3.JPG
    interior3.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 145
  • interior2.JPG
    interior2.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 70
Nicest bravo ive seen jug, makes me think twice about getting a stilo when you say some of the thigns i would want ina abravo, as thats practically how id have mine if i had one, but probably wang some abarth skirts on there, becasue in my opion, tey fit the bravo best out of all the abarth kits available for fiat models, its the way it matches the rear flick up on the window more than most, very very nice (y) Subtle is the best way :)

Jordan

I have always not quite liked the brav/o/a/marea in interiors.

But with the centre console and some choice colour swapping it looks the sht!!!!!

Saw a bravo with full real abarth kit the other day. On a white crudely hand painted 1.4 12v:yuck:

i agree, the interior was the main problem i had with buying one. the HLX and HGT trim is much better than the SX and S trim, but its still not great. i think i'll be happy with it by the time i've finished with the 2 tone plastic mission.

my problem with the stilo is the opposite. they sorted the interior out nicely, but the outside went downhill imo, a bit too bland for my liking. nothing that cant be sorted with a few tweaks tho.

i was considering the sideskirts but i decided against them because i'm very attached to my front mud flaps and mini plastic rear skirts. i think they compliment the other black plastic bits on the car. plus my car is so low i think it would struggle even more to get up/down kurbs if it had the skirts on. i already have to avoid certain roads and speed bumps just to save my exhaust and mudflaps. when will i learn :rolleyes:

thats a very very tidy exapmle you have yourself there Jug, very jealous...

i have painted my engine cover the same as Dans, apart from the main colour is heraldic blue, and the writing has been done in brilliant silver to highlight it :) cant seem to find a pic of it on my photobucket account mind :(

the interior can be spruced up nicely depending on personla taste... i like your idea of the 2 tone grey to break up the monotony, ive used heraldic blue detailing with suede on mine to spruce mine up... needs a complete revamp throughout the winter mind.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/Andysx/?start=0 thats patches photo gallery, shall prob be taking some now pics this weekend after shes had a damn good clean and tidy up all over :)

i like the suede (y) i might have to do that next.

i've been tempted to replace the melon holder on the dash with a passenger airbag, but i've never once seen a car with a passenger airbag? i think i'll have to make something like you have. it looks loads better and doesnt look like a bodge job at all.

with past cars i've always colour coded bits of the interior but i didnt do it on this car because i always end up scratching the paint and it drives me crazy :bang:

how did the gearbox die? there's oil in the bell housing, thats never a good sign :)

the suede does look good, and as its gone more charcole in colour from the blakc, ive liked it more and more :) it was a fair bit of work to get the cover made and fit / sit just right, but deffinately worth it, completley changed the overall look and feel of the interior.. even nicer place to be now :)

the paint has done fairly well to be honest, very supprised at how well its lasted, there are a couple of lil spots, but its not too noticeable

err that gearbox died in a spectacular fashion :) the diff drive cog sheared in half and decided to go through the bottom of the bell housing and make a nice hole in the top aswell... emptying the contents of the gearbox oil on the public highway :D the 1.2 diff is notoriously weak, its more often than not the diff that goes rather than the box :(

wow, bet that made a good noise!!

just a thought, the 1.2 bravo uses the same engine as the 1.2 16v punto (such as my gfs sporting). surely you could take the 6 speed box from a sporting and stick it on your engine. adapting the mount wont be hard (if it even needs adapting), although fitting/modifying the linkage and selector may require a bit of careful planning. it would be a well worthwhile mod if you could do it, the ratios on the 6 speed box are great for the 16v lump, its cruises down the motorway doing 100mph at 4000rpm in 6th! amazing for a 1.2 (y)

i think i can say it was the best of all the noises ive heard from breaking gearbox's... and ive had more than enough to compare to :(

what kind of linkage system does the punto use? is it rod or cable out of interest?

mine currently does 5500 - 5750 rpm at 100 in 5th currently as im using a punto 1.1 8v mk1 gearbox as ive used all the local bravo ones :eek: (well i think it is anyway... it could be a mk2 thinking back to the remainder of the mount that was left...

not sure about the linkages on the punto, but i'll have a look (y)

i've always had a lot of gearbox problems, its nice to know i'm not the only one :D

excellent cheers mate, im pretty sure its a rod linkage, just want to be certain before starting the hunt... get the worst resolved and make sure it should go very nicely...

and ive had lots of gearbox trouble with just this car... only need one more and im into double figures :eek: ... errr oops :eek:

the mk2 punto sporting gearbox linkages are cabes. I had a good look at my girlfriend's car over the weekend. there are 2 cables going form the selector to the gearbox. it should be as easy to convert as the 20vT conversion (also cables). cables dont take much to get them working. (y) the punto & bravo gearbox mount position looks the same and its the same block on both cars so i cant see it not fitting. i dare you to be the first person to have a 6 speed bravo :slayer:

jug said:
the mk2 punto sporting gearbox linkages are cabes. I had a good look at my girlfriend's car over the weekend. there are 2 cables going form the selector to the gearbox. it should be as easy to convert as the 20vT conversion (also cables). cables dont take much to get them working. (y) the punto & bravo gearbox mount position looks the same and its the same block on both cars so i cant see it not fitting. i dare you to be the first person to have a 6 speed bravo :slayer:

i feel a plan coming on :D :chin:

Back