Technical my bloody edna

Currently reading:
Technical my bloody edna

cinqy_smurf

so the ongoing saga of my cooling problems continues...

it had been leaking water on and off for ages, to the point of loosing a tank every trip... some radweld seemed to fix the problem, but as soon as some antifreeze went in it pee'd it all over the street...

dads words of wisdom were "dont put antifreeze in it then" which is nice.

so now poor old edna is frozen solid, and im expecting (if it ever thaws) for the rad to be ****ed.

really really hoping Bank of Dad is gonna fund this one i miss my edna :(

This car is cursed.

Shes only gotta last me till i start me year in industry then ill have enough to get a sporting, but shes determined shes going before then.

what do you reckon is the worst case, completely dead? or fixeable?

yeah, thats why we figure the rad is gone, it might work out better cos there was something pretty wrong with the cooling system as it was so it means we need to sort it all out now. silver linings and all that:eek:

if an engine is allowd to freeze completely as it probably would over this cold weather with no anti freeze in the water then it can on most occasions crack the block very easily, core plugs wont make a diference as they are put in a block for machining reasons and not for this situation belive it or not, but good luck

just started her up (everythigns thawed), started first time and runs smooth as silk, checked it for leaks and nothing seemed to be going anywhere, put some antifreeze in teh system (it might even stay there this time) and have left it to settle a bit more (only had it running a few mins to get some heat into it)

fingers crossed edna isnt dead!

ive learned me lesson, me and me dad are in the garage to sort the leak out as soon as we can :S

Back