IMG_0218.JPG

Grande Punto my black grande punto starjet

Introduction

hello all,
this is my black grande.
mods up to now: plasti dipped rims, K&N airbox filter
near future mods: i will powder coat the rims in dark anthacite or black, bought some tint for my rear windows and windscreen, and also some light tint for the rear lights with the hope that they will look a bit like the abarth ones. i really want the abarth headlights but cant afford them right now.
Enjoy the pics and reply with your comments!
Welcome to the Forum! (y)

Lovely looking GP you have there, the abarth headlights will look great on her. :)

How well is the plasti dip lasting on your rims?

Im thinking of doing mine for the summer.

Welcome to the Forum! (y)

Lovely looking GP you have there, the abarth headlights will look great on her. :)

How well is the plasti dip lasting on your rims?

Im thinking of doing mine for the summer.
thanks!
the plastidip is actually holding a lot better than i thought when i bought it. it is now almost a year old and it looks exactly as the first time i applied it. i clean them using a pressure washer and everything holds up really well. i really like the matte effect and i cant decide whether to paint them matte or glossy:/

Welcome to the forum. Certainly is a nice GP. Definitely keep them Matt, don't go gloss. Chavvy IMO. I'm thinking of plasti-dipping my spoiler soon, as painting it failed. So going to 'cheat' and get a nice black finish :)

hello again!
heres an update of my car.
i used a carbon vinyl to mask my front bumper between the grilles.
heres what it looks like

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0237.JPG
    IMG_0237.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 52
Welcome to the forum. Certainly is a nice GP. Definitely keep them Matt, don't go gloss. Chavvy IMO. I'm thinking of plasti-dipping my spoiler soon, as painting it failed. So going to 'cheat' and get a nice black finish :)

How in gods name is gloss black chavvy?!?!?! That would mean his car is also chavvy as its also gloss black... I know you are on about wheels here but its the same thing!
What a silly opinion.

Car looks great man, love what you've dont to it so far!

Haha, yeah fair point. I was on about the wheels, i understand how silly that can come across with the car being glossy too, but i did mean the wheels. Shiny, glossy wheels always look tacky/chavvy IMO. I did state "IMO" in the initial post, and thats all it was...an opinion. Keep your hair on...

Haha, yeah fair point. I was on about the wheels, i understand how silly that can come across with the car being glossy too, but i did mean the wheels. Shiny, glossy wheels always look tacky/chavvy IMO. I did state "IMO" in the initial post, and thats all it was...an opinion. Keep your hair on...

Dont worry sir, my hair is planted firmly on my head. I did say "What a silly opinion".
I know it is your opinion but shiny wheels arent tacky.
Diamond cut wheels with black detailing are tacky. Take for example the wheels that come on the bravo sport models. Cack.

Anyway, enough about opinions, lets leave this poor chaps thread alone.

Hello again
Lots of spare time last week. found the opportunity to take of my wheels and finally give them the respray/upgrade from plasti dip that i wanted. i went for high gloss black. what are your opinions for them? while the car was up i also painted my calipers red. she also got a nice clean and wax:p ohh and i stole an idea from another GP around here and masked my headlights a bit. enjoy the pics:p

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG