General my baby hurted. :(

Currently reading:
General my baby hurted. :(

warrmr

i had a small crash yeasrerday and my baby is hurt and i sware my punto must have been made out of bean cans as the metal on the wing seems thin for what it is but hey.

well i was happilly comeing down the A34 has 2 lanes going both ways and at the junction i crashed at there was a 3rd right turn lane. so im happy going along the road windows down tunes up enjoying the sumer drive. on the way home from my aunts so i see a red car wanting to pull out of the side road so i move out to the seccond lane and she pulls out and now im near enoght next to her but not enogh power to accelerate away and going to fast to brake and slow (40 mph) so she starts to move into my lane pushing me into the trun right lane so im braking to try and get some distance to her and shes still moving into my lane now shes heading to the 3rd lane (right only) and bang she hits me the side of my car lifts up and crunch it lands again. so i after what seems forever sitting there jus to collect my thaughts and prepering myself to see the huge dent in my car and broken what ever else.

i get out and walk to her car after glancing at the damage and its im still shaking wiht shock and im jus like hello then we decide to move our cars off the road. so now were both sitting in a side road jus trying to see what happened her side of the story was that a pedestrian walked out and she moved to my lane to avoid him ( was pleanty of room from where i was sitting) so we swap details and assess damage. her car was a dented wheel arch and a scuffed hubcap.

my car smashed headlight/indicator crumpled front wing now for the mechanical damage.
something in the steering is messed up as when i turn to the left it seems like something is rubbing looked and its not the wheel arch. rear suspenton is gone complealy its like having a stiff sus or welded suspention go over a speed hump and instead of the bounce it used to have it jus creaks. .

the rear wheels now both lean to the right noticably.

what possible damage has she done to the steering and rear sus. im thinking/hopeing the rear is jus the brushings as i hear they go at about 40k miles and my cars jus hit that and i think the extream shock of the car landing from a height on the suspentuion finished them off. as for the steering i think somethings bent inside.

i tryed to call the insurance but as i didnt get home till gone 5 they were closed and its a sunday today so useless.

so im not a happy bunny.

no way mate doesn't sound like you've had a good weekend! althou just think of the insurance money! hmmmmmm new car

as it sounds like your one is up **** creek!

she co0uld have f**ked the steering colum as for the rear suspension i dunno!

best thing to do is get it down the garage asap and have it checked out.

if you love your car there's a good place in solihull a crash repair centre! pm me for more info

new car sounds good but i have jus got to love this one as its my first car. altho it seem like theres more mechaincal than bodywork.

the photos show all the visible damage. and my insurers will partake the work at there own approved repair shops. unless i wish to have it done myself i have to foot the bill and will be reimbursed what they deem to be a resonable figure for the damage.

mabe im jus making a big deal out of not alot.

oh the junction was where the A34 meets foxhollies rd. and highfields rd

Attachments

• DSCF0125.JPG
    DSCF0125.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0126.JPG
    DSCF0126.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF0127.JPG
    DSCF0127.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF0128.JPG
    DSCF0128.JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 20
wing looks nasty you aint making a mountain oit of mo hill sounds liek you got lots of damage that you cant see. the steering may been wheel arch liner rubbing on wheel hopefuyll something easy liek that wich will get sorted when new wing is on well when they sort the wing anyways. as for rear suspension thats a strang one hope its nothing to bad.

least you ok :) (y)

the rear suspention sounds alot like this problem

http://www.puntoforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5770&PHPSESSID=23c4615eab38dc1947d97a91ba25f08a

its your rear radius arm bushes.

i have EXACTLY the same problem.

if u look at the rear of u car from a distance, u should see that ur rear wheels are pointing in at the top (kind of like a wheelchair lol).

u should notice the inside edges of ur rear wheels wearing very quickly too

if they are then u need to replace the front bushes of the rear raduis arms.

there is a site that does a kit but i cant remeber what it is (i need the adress too so if u get it put in on here!!)

look on www.puntosports.co.uk, it should be on there

and if it is then its not to expencive.

its the steering im really worryed about as if i turn it to lock i cannot find anything it could be rubbing on. i have even had my sister sit in the car and turn it lock to lock while im sitting by the offending wheel and cannot see anything. ill have a look abou the wheel arch liner tmorra but i think its a tad more serios than that.

me and my uncle had a quick look at the damage and estimated the total cost.

rear radius arms £45 each (£90)
front wing (£30) + respray (£££(upto £100)
indicator £15 from fiat
headlight £20 from fiat.
total £155+ labour and colour match on panel.

thats in a worst case senario where the dent cannot be pulled.

oh and is it a good idea to wash and polish car before insurance inspector comes down to see it or will they wanna see the grazes in teh paint as they are or wont they mind and i cant stand to see my car hurt like that.

warrmr said:
rear radius arms £45 each (£90)
front wing (£30) + respray (£££(upto £100)
indicator £15 from fiat
headlight £20 from fiat.
total £155+ labour and colour match on panel.

thats in a worst case senario where the dent cannot be pulled.

oh and is it a good idea to wash and polish car before insurance inspector comes down to see it or will they wanna see the grazes in teh paint as they are or wont they mind and i cant stand to see my car hurt like that.
Go outside and mkae the damage more severe like totally cave the wing in so its got to be replcaed and not repaired.
And make sure the silly moose who hit you is insured because if she isnt and you pay your excess to get car repaired then unless your insurance company gets money back from her side it will go down as a fault claim rather than non fault which means you will pay more premium

The younger modder said:
Go outside and mkae the damage more severe like totally cave the wing in so its got to be replcaed and not repaired.
And make sure the silly moose who hit you is insured because if she isnt and you pay your excess to get car repaired then unless your insurance company gets money back from her side it will go down as a fault claim rather than non fault which means you will pay more premium

the scary thing is i dont think she is as a simple thing like who is your insurance company was a hard question. she called last night and told me it was alliance and cornhill( so i think either alliance and lescter. or cornhill) anyways calling insurance today

edit: good news

i spoke to my insurance company and they were very understanding and i dont have to pay the excess on my insurance all repair work is done free of charge. they have forwarded my claim to a 3rd party to settle liabiltiy and it is gonna help if i take photos of the junction. and the best bit is they will bring me down a replacement car of the same make and model if possible and will be upto 2 yrs old. when the replacement car comes my car will be taken away for repairs :)

so im goin down to take pics of the junction and skid marks ect.

Last edited:
Just make sure the silly moose is insured first otherwise the third party wont have anywhere to claim it back from also who are you insured with they sound good to deal with.
tesco.com

Last edited:
yay update. i got a phone call today about a replacement car. and they sed the cars atat my insurance will pay for is the size of a cinq. some other small car. but if i wished i could have a bigger car to play with for a extra £5p/day and we can sort all this out tomorrow :D so im rather chuffed.

so my baby gets to sit at home waiting for repair till the repair truck comes to pick it up thursday hopefully

i got a phonecall today from the insurance saying it was beond ecenomical repair. so they will pay out £1500 for the car so im gutted to say the least as it was my first car

dave said:
did you ask to keep the car?

i only got the phonecall this morning and i dont really know what options i have.

im jus looking as this now as a oppertunity to get a new car but i need to find another £2k from somewhere and fast. so hopefully the bank will extend my O/D and then i get me a new car if i find one i like.

you could try to repair it yourself you can get a brand new wing for about £20 and its already in black(primer) indicater and headlight can be bought from a scrappy maximum £20? not sure about the rest though but you will still have the best part of a grand after its been fixed :)££££

Back