General My 595 Turismo

Currently reading:
General My 595 Turismo

Good getting the update Tony. The last time I sat in the back of a 500 I heard a lot of rattles mainly from the rear shocks. Glad it wasn't your Konis that were acting up. It's amazing how a little rattle can get to you - we have one in the glovebox of the OH's car & since it her car I have to block it out. Does not seem to bother her so maybe we're wired differently.
Didn't know that one could adjust the parameters on the MTA. Did then adjust them so that it thinks it's in Sport mode so that Liz still has the lighter steering ?
On the idling problem did you try disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU for a few minutes so that it can start from scratch and learn the new conditions - probably a silly suggestion since the techs have already looked at it but I'd though I'd mention it.

Update on rattle.

I was convinced that it was the gas strut on the OSR as after I removed it the noise went. So, just to prove the point I changed the struts left to right, expecting the noise to then be on the NSR but, lo and behold, it still came from the OSR. :confused:

Obviously not the strut but whatever is causing the rattle is obviously affected by it in some manner. All I can now think of is that it is something inside the tailgate so the next step is to see what is in there that could be causing the problem. :bang:

Would this not be up to the dealer to diagnose ?
At this rate you'll be ordering a new hatchback door hoping it'll solve the rattle !
At least they can't blame it on the customer for fitting an aftermarket stiffer suspension.

Ha! Ha! Michael, you're right, it is a dealer thing but as it is a little difficult to get down there at the moment I don't mind having a little poke about myself. If I find the cause I can at least point them in the right direction and if not then I'll just have to book it in when convenient.

Last resort is filling the tailgate with expanding foam which should cure the problem and also add some soundproofing element, lol. Could cause a problem later down the road when/if the wiring loom fails at the flexible joint.

EDIT> just in case anyone thinks I am serious (doubtful) about the foam bit this was just light hearted banter. :)

Just in case anyone thinks I am serious (doubtful) about the foam bit this was just light hearted banter. :)

Tony

I have some spare masonary repair filler, this will surely cure a rattle. It goes off in about 15mins. If not sorted, I'll bring along to the Italia Day.:D:devil::D

You're all going about this the wrong way. Take Colin Chapman's advice and add lightness by removing the hatchback door completely.
Torsional rigidity, huh, yeah
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing apart from maintaining consistent suspension geometry and predictable handling and good performance in a crash
Uh-huh

:p

My right to free speech is being infringed by moderators who have editing rights over the adjectives used in my posts. I shall file a claim in the European Court of Human Rights immediately....

Ha! Ha! Sorry about that Robin, but I knew you would see the funny side.

However, just in case I need to buy a cat to stop me being deported I checked the timetable for the ECHR and it looks like they can fit you in after the lady suing the Welsh government for not constructing her block of flats to withstand earthquakes. Apparently, she smudged her lipstick whilst putting her face on when there was a small tremor in the Irish sea last week.

However, in return for your forgiveness I shall not be taking any action against you for your derogatory remark, lol. :devil:
  1. PONCY - an insulting way of describing a man who behaves in a way that seems more typical of a woman
P.S. I'll have you know I am very happy with my sexuality. ;)

Interesting to read that you have had your gearbox parameters changed.

Twice now after getting my A500c SS back from the dealers the gearshift has been improved. I thought it was my imagination but perhaps they did something to mine too?

Problem with the MTA was it got a bad press on the NP, it was written off by most and no one really considered it on an A500c SS. My experience has shown me that smoother changes depend on the engine map and torque output in particular. Gear changes were even smoother when I had a TMC box fitted, so I'm guessing more torque and a flatter output help.

My right to free speech is being infringed by moderators who have editing rights over the adjectives used in my posts. I shall file a claim in the European Court of Human Rights immediately....

Isn't the UK going to leave the bankrupt EU? Or am I dreaming.

https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/3652/P1060021.JPG The car has be booked in to try and find the elusive rattle that has been there since day 1. This time the Lotus technicians have had a go at it as one thing they need to be good at is finding rattles. They have now heard it and are in the process of pinpointing it before sending it over to the Abarth guys to deal with under warranty.

Whilst they are p laying with it I am playing with this, an Abarth Punto Evo Supersport. Although it has the 180BHP MultiAir engine the performance is similar to my 500 but there is one feature that I wish they would carry over to the 500 variants. The lane change indication gives five flashes instead of the measly three on the 500 and makes a lot more sense.

P1060023.JPG
P1060021.JPG
P1060020.JPG

Back