General My 595 Turismo

Currently reading:
General My 595 Turismo

Update on rattle.

I was convinced that it was the gas strut on the OSR as after I removed it the noise went. So, just to prove the point I changed the struts left to right, expecting the noise to then be on the NSR but, lo and behold, it still came from the OSR. :confused:

Obviously not the strut but whatever is causing the rattle is obviously affected by it in some manner. All I can now think of is that it is something inside the tailgate so the next step is to see what is in there that could be causing the problem. :bang:

Update on the update! The car went in again for the rattle problem to be sorted and just had a phone call to say that they have taken the rear screen out and the spotwelds in the top right hand corner of the tailgate have broken and that is what is causing the rattle. Obviously, when the strut was removed or when I pressed hard in that corner that was why the problem disappeared. Anyway, won't get the car back until next week now but at least a nice quiet ride to MITCAR. (y)

Well eventually got the car back today so it will be at MITCAR on Sunday. They cut it a bit fine as I am leaving tomorrow (Friday) morning and I thought I would be in the APE but luckily the glass people got the rear screen back in for Thursday lunchtime. Not sure Mick and Chas would want to park next to me otherwise. :p

Hopefully the trip will be rattle free now. ;)

Not sure Mick and Chas would want to park next to me otherwise. :p

Tony, good to hear all OK, have a safe journey, see you Saturday evening. we can then negotiate the fee for you parking next to me:D

gorgeous car dude! i have to make do with an ordinary a500! (y)
ive got rattles in the back too which i ignore and a really harsh ride! also remember to lubricate your door handles as its really frustrating when they break!

Attachments

• Picture 037.jpg
    Picture 037.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    611.6 KB · Views: 99
After these few months how would you compare grimwau the ride of Turismo to NP A500 having in mind that you have Koni FSDs fitted as standard?

I am planning to fit Esseesse kit and I consider having it with Koni FSD shocks as ride only with SS springs fitted probably won't be acceptable... Although I am still a little bit worried due to well known knocking history of Konis :(

After these few months how would you compare grimwau the ride of Turismo to NP A500 having in mind that you have Koni FSDs fitted as standard?

I am planning to fit Esseesse kit and I consider having it with Koni FSD shocks as ride only with SS springs fitted probably won't be acceptable... Although I am still a little bit worried due to well known knocking history of Konis :(

I have found the ride to be firm but not crashy, however, saying that, get onto a bad road and you soon realise that you are in a small car with a firm suspension.

I would say it is a definite improvement over the standard A500 suspension set up though, when comparing it to my previous car. On that I replaced the 17" Petals with the standard 16" wheels/tyres to improve the ride and I think that my 595 on 17" wheels is slightly better than that when making a direct comparison between the two cars.

There have been a lot of bad reports about the Koni rear shock absorbers but I can only speak from my own experience and that has been good (so far).

Last edited:
On that I replaced the 17" Petals with the standard 16" wheels/tyres to improve the ride and I think that my 595 on 17" wheels is slightly better than that when making a direct comparison between the two cars.
With fitting Esseesse pack I will be also going from 16" to 17" wheels. It's one of the pros for going for Koni FSD. In Turismo and Competizione versions there are (red) SS springs paired with Koni shocks?

Whilst the car was parked in Liz's works car park one of the van drivers reversed into it damaging the front bumper, grille and fog light. :cry:

Not a very happy chappy at the moment but no-one was injured which is the most important thing. Looks like it might be looking a little sorry for itself at the Xmas meet up unless I can get it sorted out PDQ.

On a more light hearted note I'm hoping to get a test drive in the new 50th Anniversary 595.

I like the fact that the writing on the side stripe reads "FIAT 595 ABARTH" showing it's true heritage. (y)

Last edited:
Not good, it's going to cost you a few £££.
I am obviously talking about the test drive, you know you are going to have to get one after all its in your colour.

The damage on your current car makes you look like a hardcore racer, If anybody asks just tell them you did it on the track.

Hopefully the insurance of the truck driver sorts it out quickly.

Tony,

What a bummer, the damage, as you say no one was injured and the car can be fixed, but going through insurance can be a bit of a time lag but that is what they are there for.

Should we open a 'book' givings odds re you getting an Anniversary 595, after the test drive?

I'm not jealous in any way:bang::cry::doh:

I'm sorry to hear about the car, but that can be fixed - glad Liz is ok. Most important thing is that nobody got hurt! I've done some minor scratches to my car recently but (contrary to what my hubby thinks), I'm not precious about it. Its a daily driver and these things happen.

Hmm, that anniversary edition looks great, what are the chances of you getting it...;)

Not good, it's going to cost you a few £££.
I am obviously talking about the test drive, you know you are going to have to get one after all its in your colour.

The damage on your current car makes you look like a hardcore racer, If anybody asks just tell them you did it on the track.

Hopefully the insurance of the truck driver sorts it out quickly.

I am tempted but being practical it is probably a non starter. To begin with I would need to get it passed by SWMBO and bearing in mind that she drives it the most (in non sport mode all the time) having 180 BHP might be a waste of horses. (please, no-one start a horse related post :devil:)

Tony,

What a bummer, the damage, as you say no one was injured and the car can be fixed, but going through insurance can be a bit of a time lag but that is what they are there for.

Should we open a 'book' givings odds re you getting an Anniversary 595, after the test drive?

I'm not jealous in any way:bang::cry::doh:

Probably not a good idea. I am not a betting man but purely out of curiosity, what odds would you offer me? :D

I'm sorry to hear about the car, but that can be fixed - glad Liz is ok. Most important thing is that nobody got hurt! I've done some minor scratches to my car recently but (contrary to what my hubby thinks), I'm not precious about it. Its a daily driver and these things happen.

Hmm, that anniversary edition looks great, what are the chances of you getting it...;)

Hi Mel, please see answers above.

(ps. I'll give you the latest news at the Xmas Meet and then we'll see if we can stiff Chas.) :)

Liz took the car down to the bodyshop (Westovers) yesterday to get a quote and whilst talking to the foreman she asked how busy they were.

She asked that if at all possible she would like it done before the end of the month as we were going to a Fiat Forum event on 1st December. He replied that we were the second person who wanted their work done by then as they were also going to a Fiat event on the same day.

Anyone on here or just coincidence?

He replied that we were the second person who wanted their work done by then as they were also going to a Fiat event on the same day.

Anyone on here or just coincidence?

Tony

he was just having a larf:D

Back