General My 2017 Fiat Panda Easy 1.2

Currently reading:
General My 2017 Fiat Panda Easy 1.2

That’s the new parcel shelf and window rubber gasket fitted.

Serviced it last night - new oil filter, Castrol Edge (on offer for £37 at Asda) and engine air filter. Still waiting for the cabin filter to come.

We noticed a massive oil leak from the gearbox ... sent it to the dealer, they want to order and fit a gear selector oil seal. Sounds a big job!

She’s booked in for Friday. Here’s what the leak looked like, bad photo..

Attachments

• 5323D544-5EC2-40CF-A31A-5E1476B412D4.jpeg
    5323D544-5EC2-40CF-A31A-5E1476B412D4.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 46
The Panda was handed in to Fiat on Friday who decided to replace more than the seal they originally thought suspect for the leak. They also picked up on the rusty oil sump and decided to replace that too. More new parts / problems being set right is a win!

I do think it's kind of bad that such a new car can have issues like this, but then again as long as they're set right I'm happy. The work was done as of Tuesday but due to work and driving 70 miles to the nearest dealership it'll not be back until Saturday. Will post some photos of the work done.

Been driving a Fiat 500 Lounge 2019 with 6k miles since then. Very fun, very solid and very agile compared to the Panda. Getting some funny looks (especially from people on my street who think it's my new car to stay) but then again I'm driving a design icon :devil:

Definitely glad I went for the Panda over the 500 though as even with the gimmicks the practicality of the Panda wins out for me. Cruise control is nice though! (See Fiat, you could do it!) lol

That’s the new parcel shelf and window rubber gasket fitted.

Serviced it last night - new oil filter, Castrol Edge (on offer for £37 at Asda) and engine air filter. Still waiting for the cabin filter to come.

We noticed a massive oil leak from the gearbox ... sent it to the dealer, they want to order and fit a gear selector oil seal. Sounds a big job!

My 169 has apparently a similar issue developing. So I would be interested to know anything about this and how long it took to fix.

Back