General my 1998 Seicento sporting

Currently reading:
General my 1998 Seicento sporting

no tensioner on aux belt unless you have air-con but apart from that, agreed.

oops most likely is water pump but you need to eliminate the alt first then add water soluble oil or brake fluid to coolant if the engine is quiet the next day the pump bearings are rusty and the pump needs replacing before it takes out a head gasket... last option is cam belt tensioner they are well reliable
the alt is run overspeed and gets a lot of spray if the undersized is missing forcing a hot alt is lethal. ..

oops most likely is water pump but you need to eliminate the alt first then add water soluble oil or brake fluid to coolant if the engine is quiet the next day the pump bearings are rusty and the pump needs replacing before it takes out a head gasket... last option is cam belt tensioner they are well reliable
the alt is run overspeed and gets a lot of spray if the undersized is missing forcing a hot alt is lethal. ..

if the undershield is missing fording a hot...

Hopefully it's not the water pump cus I didn't change it when I did the cam belt as I couldn't afford it :p what should I look for when checking the alternator?

if you grab the pulley and rock it it can have end float (axial ) and be ok but any side play means remove the belt and if the noise is gone the bearings are dead

ring around for a replacement cost or your own refurbished if you can tolerate no auto

if you are a real engineer hot air gun and freeze

a 3rd party water pump is not that dear but don't use one with plastic impellor like some Fiat ones have

Back