General my 1998 Seicento sporting

Currently reading:
General my 1998 Seicento sporting

UnclaimedSock

Iv had my sporting for a few months now and its caused quite a few problems allready :p

Its had: New clutch
Clutch cable
Handbrake cable
Exhaust down pipe
Cam belt
and O/S window motor

I was hoping to spend more money on modifying it and making it better looking but i guess the mechanicals are more important, fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong with it for a while so i can get moding.

Iv done all these repairs myself so saved a fortune on garage fees :)

Let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
Thanks dude :) I prefer the rear windows that don't open I think it looks cooler :)
Rockin the fit forum sticker that's about the only mod iv done :p

Well the linkage from the pedal to the cable broke first then the cable and I put in a new clutch a few days after all is well now :)

Another thing which is slightly off topic but, I get really bad fuel consumption, I don't know how but I get about 250 miles to a tank and from what I can work out from the tank capacity and mpg I should be getting 350-400?
I can't smell fuel around my car so I havnt got a fuel leak and it doesn't run rich...
The wierdest thing is that I get about 70 miles from full to half a tank then about 200 to empty, I'm stumped on what it could be, any help would be appreciated :)
Thanks

Another thing which is slightly off topic but, I get really bad fuel consumption, I don't know how but I get about 250 miles to a tank and from what I can work out from the tank capacity and mpg I should be getting 350-400?
I can't smell fuel around my car so I havnt got a fuel leak and it doesn't run rich...
The wierdest thing is that I get about 70 miles from full to half a tank then about 200 to empty, I'm stumped on what it could be, any help would be appreciated :)
Thanks

To get to 50 mpg you need to be doing long journeys have a new thermostat and brakes that don't bind welding the small pedal to floor won't help either.

I'd say you're doing pretty well, I have an mpi and I get, on average 39-40mpg (about 230-250 miles all on country lanes etc).
However on a day I did a run from norwich to chelmsford and back (mostly 70-80mph) I got about 230 miles from the tank and was only down to a quarter or so, I think it worked out at about 55mpg

I'd say you're doing pretty well, I have an mpi and I get, on average 39-40mpg (about 230-250 miles all on country lanes etc).
However on a day I did a run from norwich to chelmsford and back (mostly 70-80mph) I got about 230 miles from the tank and was only down to a quarter or so, I think it worked out at about 55mpg

Staying at 60 mph up hills and lifting off downhill you can get 60 mpg but...

Seems fair enoughi just worked it out at if I was doin 30 mpg and its roughly a 10gallon tank I should get about 300 miles :p and most of my driving is around town aswell

Spent all day today cleaning and painting my engine bar and must say I'm rather proud of it :)ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1365611389.987387.jpg

Alternator? I have a whining noise coming from around that area and I think it may be the bearings :p yet another thing gone wrong :p

could be alt or cam belt tensioner bearing if you remove alt belt and the noise stops it is the alt.
But try to see if there is bearing play the cooling fan was eating the caseing on mine still worked ok. They can go on for a long time,

Just changed the cam belt about 700 miles ago so I doubt it will be that, il have a look at the other things today thanks for the advice :)

Oh and the noise kind of matches the engine revs it's hard to explain :p that's why I thought it was the alternator :)

Back