015.JPG

Seicento my 1.1 abarth edition

Introduction

just thought I'd show u guys my new seicento 1.1 sporting abarth edition that's giving me so much trouble at the moment :S bought the lil bad boy about 2 weeks ago and already had the head gasket go on me so its in a garage getting that sorted now, got new speedo cable on order, had tracking done which was shocking!
when I bought the car aswell the bonnet was gloss black :( covered that straight up with carbon fibre wrap and its made a massive improvement :)
gonna try to spray the alloys black, (cant think of the name of the colour but its kinda metallic) keeping the abarth badges tho :) not sure whether to get an abarth badge for the bonnet too. it also has a slight green tinge on the headlights at the mo and im not 100% sure if I like it yet but thats as far as my ideas go for improvements so far but id like to hear any ideas/opinions you guys might have

jason
the detail is in the prep work, you have to make sure you get them totally smooth, i used to do them for a living and it would take a full day to prep and prime them,
you have to rub them down with an 80 grit
then a 200
then an 800 or finer to get them smooth
then prime
then rub down with an 800 again
then prime
then 800 again
then prime
then 800
then spray your colour
then 800
then spray
then i would say 3-4 coats of laquer, thats what i would do to get a good finish but i am a perfectionist lol, unless its my car and then i dont really care what they look like lol

Last edited:
Back