Technical Multiscan ECU

Currently reading:
Technical Multiscan ECU

derbyshire gp

Hi all
Im looking at purchasing the necessary leads and adaptors to use Multiscan ECU
I have tralled the net Ebay and various posts on here so know a bit about it.
but also got a bit confused :confused:
Question is which leads do i need to buy and which interface?
ELM327 modified for fiat or KKL ? or both?
I only really want to use the free version which is limited to what parameters you can change so what leads do i need?
Green Adaptor Lead (FiatEcuScan Adaptor 1) = Engine, ABS, Power Steering
Red Adaptor Lead (FiatEcuScan Adaptor 2) = Airbag
Yellow Adaptor Lead (FiatEcuScan Adaptor 3) = LS CAN
Purple' adaptor lead (MultiECUScan 'Adapter 4') to allow electric hood diagnostics.
Blue adapter lead (Multiecuscan 'Adapter 5') supports new models added to the Multiecuscan software
Grey adapter lead (Multiecuscan 'Adapter 6') Supports new models

Im guessing i just need green and yellow cables as i don't want to mess with air bags OR have electric hood

I have a 2012 pop 1.2 8v

would i need the BLUE or GREY?

I ideally want to be able to reset mileage/service indicator,clear all error codes,read any new error codes,and any other basic diy functions

Last edited:
For the money I’d recommend buying the bundle from Gendan. Literally everything you need except a laptop. Better than ELM327 too.

I think it’s great value. Use it three times (so about 3 weeks of Fiat ownership) and you’ve made your money back over taking it to a garage. Just my 2p. I wish I’d bought the package rather than buying it all bit by bit.

I think it’s great value. Use it three times (so about 3 weeks of Fiat ownership) and you’ve made your money back over taking it to a garage. Just my 2p. I wish I’d bought the package rather than buying it all bit by bit.

Not really a lot to buy separate

Cable and adapter in one lot then software as another

Hi all
I only really want to use the free version which is limited to what parameters you can change so what leads do i need?
Purple' adaptor lead (MultiECUScan 'Adapter 4') to allow electric hood diagnostics.
Blue adapter lead (Multiecuscan 'Adapter 5') supports new models added to the Multiecuscan software

Im guessing i just need green and yellow cables as i don't want to mess with air bags OR have electric hood

I have a 2012 pop 1.2 8v

I ideally want to be able to reset mileage/service indicator,clear all error codes,read any new error codes,and any other basic diy functions

I have KKL and ELM ,
plus 2 bundles of the (old / basic) coloured adaptors.. not heard of new colours until your post..
I've not bothered with the "switchable" cable.

I've used mine on @10 Fiat group cars.. so don't mind the ( reasonable) expenditure.

as others have said;
buy the cable,
use the FREE version of MES,
then go for the 50 Euro full version when you NEED it

if you're not too PC literate.. the set-up can be a tad confusing.. ,

BAUD RATE. Latency...etc...

Last edited:
Hi all

I have a 2012 pop 1.2 8v

Hi,
For a 2012 Punto (or Panda) you need an ELM 327 interface (KL won't work) and a Yellow (A3) adaptor lead. An example is
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM-327-MODIFIED-CAN-BUS-DIAGNOSTIC-LEAD-FOR-FIATECUSCAN-MULTIECUSCAN/161792272795?
And
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Fiat-Lancia-YELLOW-OBD-Lead-Cable-Adaptor-3-CAN-MultiECUScan-FiatECUScan/162959464214?
But it is only a couple of pounds for the extra 3 leads in a kit
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM-v1-4-OBD2-4x-ADAPTERS-for-USE-WITH-MULTIECUSCAN-DIAGNOSTIC-LEAD-ALFA-FIAT/201357278819?

The Gendan bundle is good quality with support but you pay more for it.
On the 2012 + Punto / Panda the free version of Multiecuscan only allows to check CAN info. This allows you to make sure it works but you have to pay the €50 registration fee to do more useful things.
Worth every penny though.

Robert G8RPI.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks to everyone for all the info
Just what i needed to know robert thanks.
I didn't want to buy all the lot if it wasn't all necessary :D
plus it leaves more money in the pot towards registered version of multiscan ecu :idea:

Hi guys. I have ELM 327 cable ver. 1.5 and I'm able to connect to Engine ECU, airbag and ABS module. I purchased original yellow adapter lead (A3), but during connecting to other ECU's I'm getting this error msg in MES: ECU connection failed! CAN bus error! Check if.......
I tried also different 1.4 8V models in MES, but error is the same :-(
I noticed also 1 other issue - when I use SCAN VEHICLE button to list all modules and its error codes, during connection to ABS module board beeps and show msg: ABS faulty, check handbook and EBD unavailable, check handbook (After that it continues. I can connect to ABS unit directly, and read everything, test pump and so on...everything works). Thats why I thought to make Proxi aligment procedure and bought this yellow adaptor.
But adaptor (or something) doesnt work :-( Yeah, and I use cracked MES

Last edited:
Ignore my previous post - I got Chinese ELM cable from my colleague at work...

Problem is that Chinese ELM cable. I red some information that Yellow reduction (or maybe reduction of any color) doesnt work with ELM cables from China. I need some standard ELM cable from local store. As I understand web info, in Chinese cables is some resistor (or something) for PINs 6 and 7...and solution is solder that little thing out . But its not my cable (lend from my colleauge), so I cannot modify it.
Anyway I have some wiring issue on my car I think - when I use SCAN VEHICLE button in MES to list all available units and its fault codes, during connecting to ABS unit my dashboad beeps and shows error msgs "ABS faulty, check handbook" and "EBD unavailable, check handbook". Thats strange because after that process continues a d ABS unit is listed in MES window. I'm able to connect direcly to ABS unit and read codes, or test ABS pump and some pressure valves inside. So direct connection to ABS module is working, but I think that ABS unit has no data connection to main ECU unit. I tried to test ABS by very hard braking, but it doesnt work I thonk ...I have to wait for winter and snow to test it properly...So I thought about it and maybe I need to do Proxi alignment procedure to pair ABS with main ECU. Thats why I bought yellow reduction (A3) to do it. But reduction isnt working on any kind of unit where MES ask me to use it. And thats why I think that chinese ELM cable isnt working as it should...
So there are 2 things:
1, maybe corrosion on some PIN on ABS unit connector/or on connector to main engine unit
2, wrong ELM cable to make Proxi aligmnent + connecting to other units like Body, TPMS, reset service interval procedure and so on.
With this Cina ELM cable I can connect directly to Main ECU, Airbag ECU and ABS ECU, thats OK. But during SCAN VEHICLE option I receive mentioned error msgs on dashboard, and thats not good

Last edited:

Hi, I am looking to buy the MultiECUScan CAN Adaptor Cable (Adapter 3), anyone from the states willing to sell their cable. I need to do a proxy alignment in my 2015 fiat 500e and to order this cable takes 4 weeks off eBay. Any help where to buy locally or anyone selling their cable locally would be greatly appreciated. I am located in California, USA . Thanks​

Back