Technical Multipla water in fuel & front brake pad sensors

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla water in fuel & front brake pad sensors

vwe72

Hi, today I had a service on my Multipla by a local garage. The garage found as part of the service that the water in fuel sensor and the front brake pad sensors were not working and have advised that they are replaced!

Does anyone know where I might be able to get these parts from and how straight forward it is if I were to fit the sensors myself?

Thanks

I would think that 'the water in the fuel' sensor was the usual warning of 'Humidity in fuel' occasioned by turning the key too fast. It's a software glitch that just requires the key to be paused before starting the engine - so forget that!
As far as the Front brake sensor goes - there isn't one! I presume he was talking of the wire that is embedded in the pad material. What happens is that the pad wears the embedded wire eventually hits the disk completing a circuit that lights up the low pad light. Inspection of the pads at intervals is better than relying on this system as it only resides on the n/s of the car. I have my "sensor" removed as it's more trouble than it's worth.

The moral of this tale is do not worry!

Peat

I would think that 'the water in the fuel' sensor was the usual warning of 'Humidity in fuel' occasioned by turning the key too fast. It's a software glitch that just requires the key to be paused before starting the engine - so forget that!

Peat

Nice tip I get this now and again and now I know why!

Trouble is, if you now know that it can cry wolf, how can you tell when the warning is genuine?

My 'water in fuel' light has come on lately as well. Reading this thread, I'm not sure whether to bother draining the filter off as I know it's a messy job.

Trouble is, if you now know that it can cry wolf, how can you tell when the warning is genuine?

My 'water in fuel' light has come on lately as well. Reading this thread, I'm not sure whether to bother draining the filter off as I know it's a messy job.

Mine has been drained off several times and the filter changed but it still comes back but only occasionally - I think mine is a liar!

Back