Off Topic Multipla rear disc recall

Currently reading:
Off Topic Multipla rear disc recall

pete123

Established member
Recall Warning Notice
Multipla's with rear disc brakes
Damage to the rear brake pipes can cause brake failure.
If you have rear disc brakes than have them
checked by Fiat under recall DH2213510

Found this on my local fiat website time to check your brakes before u ask he never gave me what year it affected so guessing 2003 on

Last edited:
Limited number of Multipla's with rear discs, believe it was 2002-2004, my first Multi was a 52 plate which had discs.
The facelift 55 plate had drums.

Recall: No. 1 of 3
Recall Ref: R/2007/173
Exact Model: Panda Grande Punto Bravo and Multipla
Description: BRAKES MAY FAIL
VIN: ZFA16900001023629 to ZFA16900001045874
Build Date: 11 Oct 2007 to 27 Oct 2007
Numbers: 3968
Defect: Due to the possibility of a fault in the production process, the flexible rubber brake hoses may not have been correctly vulcanised. As a consequence, may partially or totally restrict the internal flow of the brake hydraulic fluid. Should this happen, a reduction in efficiency during braking would occur.
Action: Recalled vehicles will have the hoses checked to identify if they are within the affected batch. If this is the case, they will be replaced with quality assured items.
Launch Date: 07 December 2007

I think you mean this one

Vehicle Details Reference : R/2006/085
Manufacturer Ref : Make: FIAT Model : MULTIPLA - RHD WITH REAR DISC BRAKES
Launch Date : 26/07/2006
Numbers Involved : 2278
Build Start Date : 01/04/2002
Build End Date : 28/02/2003
Recall Details Concern : BRAKE FLUID MAY LEAK
Description : It may be possible for the handbrake cable to foul the rigid brake pipe at the right hand rear suspension arm. In time this could lead to wear of the rigid brake pipe and as a consequence there maybe a loss of brake fluid and longer stopping distances.
Remedial Action : Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected to check the routing of the handbrake cable and fit rubber pads to the rigid brake pipe to prevent fouling.
Vehicle Id : ZFA18600002166357 to ZFA18600002191623

Last edited:
That one wasn't on the AA website where I found the other one, where did you find it Alpitlum?

My '02 JTD has rubber pads all over the rigid lines.

Another fiat bulls up
Companies look to shave costs all the time, it may be buying certain parts from a new supplier or reducing the number of components needed to install something. The fact that Fiat recognise this to be a problem & get right on it is praiseworthy - there are too many companies out there who wash their hands of potentially fatal flaws.

That's a pretty exclusive recall club to belong to. I wonder just hown many Multiplas were sold in the UK in those 16 days? I can believe they shifted 3968 of them!

They may have built 4000 cars in those 16 days but they would have shifted them over a much longer period. (I once bought a brand new car at a heavily discounted price because it was last year's model & the garage had to sell it to make way for the new, updated model - there were very minor differences. Didn't bother me, I had this year's plate on last year's model at an almost second hand price (y))

Recall: No. 1 of 3
Recall Ref: R/2007/173
Exact Model: Panda Grande Punto Bravo and Multipla
Description: BRAKES MAY FAIL
VIN: ZFA16900001023629 to ZFA16900001045874
Build Date: 11 Oct 2007 to 27 Oct 2007
Numbers: 3968
Defect: Due to the possibility of a fault in the production process, the flexible rubber brake hoses may not have been correctly vulcanised. As a consequence, may partially or totally restrict the internal flow of the brake hydraulic fluid. Should this happen, a reduction in efficiency during braking would occur.
Action: Recalled vehicles will have the hoses checked to identify if they are within the affected batch. If this is the case, they will be replaced with quality assured items.
Launch Date: 07 December 2007

I had this recall inspection done. No mods required as hoses were correct, but fully valeted free of charge.

That's a pretty exclusive recall club to belong to. I wonder just hown many Multiplas were sold in the UK in those 16 days? I can believe they shifted 3968 of them!

Not registered, built at the factory. Mine was built at the factory during these dates, but not registered till Jan 2008.

Ok, built at the factory; how many RHD models would they have built in 16 days, especially towards the end of the Multis' life, when sales were very slow? As it looks like only about 14-15k Multiplas were sold in the UK in its' lifespan, it can't be more than a couple of dozen.

Ok, built at the factory; how many RHD models would they have built in 16 days, especially towards the end of the Multis' life, when sales were very slow? As it looks like only about 14-15k Multiplas were sold in the UK in its' lifespan, it can't be more than a couple of dozen.

If you read the details of that particular recall it's not just multiplas that were affected, also panda , bravo and grande punto.

Shouldn't think to many of them were multiplas it goes to show how universal fiat really are with all of there parts as most fit all of the newer cars now I can't believe only 15000 multiplas in the uk were sold how u find that number out

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=multipla

Look at the graph slopes for the JTD 105's and 110's starting to fall off ever more steeply. They're going down....

Also, click through to the 'combined statistics' at the bottom of the page.

Looks as though very few Multis' were sold in 2007 and after.

I am 1 of 2 that were registered in 2008. Now that's rare !

So only in 2008 Fiat only sold 2 Multipla Eleganza Multijet's.

I am 1 of 2 that were registered in 2008. Now that's rare !

So only in 2008 Fiat only sold 2 Multipla Eleganza Multijet's.

Just found out to that the other Multipla registered in 2008 as same model is a forum user here, username PandaBloke. His is a Blue one.

Back