Technical Multipla JTD Glow Plug Light Question

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla JTD Glow Plug Light Question

webbo23

Hi all

Had my JTD Multi for nearly a year now. Just recently after start up, the Glow Plug Light flashes for 20 seconds or so then goes off. There is no problem with the car driving or starting wise at all

i was thinking maybe the glow plugs need changing, but im no mechanic. Anyone know what this may be? also if it is the glow plugs that need changing, how much does this cost?

Cheers

Neil

Hi all

Had my JTD Multi for nearly a year now. Just recently after start up, the Glow Plug Light flashes for 20 seconds or so then goes off. There is no problem with the car driving or starting wise at all

i was thinking maybe the glow plugs need changing, but im no mechanic. Anyone know what this may be? also if it is the glow plugs that need changing, how much does this cost?

Cheers

Neil

yeah youve got one or more glow plugs not working.

easiest way to check which one is to disconnect the electrical connector off each one and check the resistance. or find your glow plug control box/relay and do it from the connector block there, tracing each wire down to each glow plug by colour.

even easier is to just leave it altogether as dependant on which one is gone they can be a bit of a sod to change. dont think youll notice much difference starting wise as its a common rail turbo diesel.

thanks guys.....ill just leave it then. problem will be when i come to sell it i guess, will get questions about it lol

cheers anyway though. ill leave it as it is, as it works fine still

Yeah mine flashes too but starts fine. May remove the warning light!

Warning light can't be easily removed- it's a surface mount LED. However you "could" put a piece of blu-tack over it......:D
Don't ask me how I know ;)

Back