Technical Multipla fridge

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla fridge

philgsmith

Alarm and despondancy
banghead.gif
. Having looked at this white elephant between the front seats all winter, the time has come to use it. Alas I put my hand in there yesterday and it was actually heating rather than cooling!! I tried both 'on' positions of the three way switch, but it makes no difference

Does anyone know where I can get some information about how the Multipla fridges work so I can resolve this problem. Or if there are any ideas about what has caused this. I don't know if it is a simple thing like re-charging the fluid or a more complex issue. Is it an independant unit or linked to the aircon?

Many thanks

Phil

Have you got the elearn CD? Might tell you about it. Can't see it working off the aircon, as pipes for aircon are miles away.

Hi,

I haven't seen the eLearn CD, is it supplied by Fiat? Will have a trawl online..

Thank you all for your replies
Phil

I'm pretty sure the cool box is Peltier cooled as it can be used for warming as well as cooling (a typical trick used with Peltiers, just by changing polarity). I've also seen people removing the cool box and fitting a centre seat, so I can't see that it would be plumbed in to the aircon.

Most UK cars with the cool box option were originally rental/hire cars. Hertz(?) ordered a batch of them for some reason.

Back